Putting help required!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Putting mats just don't reflect 'proper' greens - for me.

nor anyone for that matter. what they do allow you to do is pick up your putter at any time and practice your stroke. with a matt at home, you can take easily 500 putts a week where as you may take less than 100 relying solely on real greens playing and a quick putt pre-game.

nothing builds confidence like standing over an 8foot putt knowing you sink these for fun all the time.

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
nor anyone for that matter. what they do allow you to do is pick up your putter at any time and practice your stroke. with a matt at home, you can take easily 500 putts a week where as you may take less than 100 relying solely on real greens playing and a quick putt pre-game.

nothing builds confidence like standing over an 8foot putt knowing you sink these for fun all the time.

100% agree, I had been struggling with pace and line after a break from the game but two nights of practice on a mat and I did not miss anything from inside 6 foot and my lag putting was much better. I stood over each putt and had the picture of them rolling in time after time on the mat in my head and had confidence they were going straight in the middle.

I also putted from 6 inches of the end of the mat so I could judge the length of backstroke. If I saw floor between putter and mat in my peripheral vision I was going too far back and decelerating. This has helped my tempo massively.