Putting exercises - suggestions please

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
I keep missing putts to the right, I think I'm pushing them. Does anyone have suggestions of things I can do to fix this? I've tried creating a tunnel of tees for my putter to pass through but this hasn't helped.

Many thanks

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's a band aid rather than a cure, but you could try moving your right hand round the grip to the right as far as you physically can. Can't push a putt if your hand can't open any more.

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A good tip I got from a pro that may help with this and can be done indoors with your ball almost against a skirting board/wall. Take your stance with the toe of the putter virtually touching the skirting board/wall and the ball in the middle of the face as usual, then just take your stroke as usual. The key is to keep the putter head straight and aligned so the ball comes off the face straight using the wall as a guide to help. If you open or close the face it will scrape against the wall so helps you keep it straight.

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I realise that a lesson would be best, but just not practical right now.

It's annoying to be missing putts only just right but I hope as its a consistent miss it should be easier to fix by myself...hopefully

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you standing open?

Try putting with your feet together and see what happens.

When you stand up to the ball do you lead with your left or right?

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A good tip I got from a pro that may help with this and can be done indoors with your ball almost against a skirting board/wall. Take your stance with the toe of the putter virtually touching the skirting board/wall and the ball in the middle of the face as usual, then just take your stroke as usual. The key is to keep the putter head straight and aligned so the ball comes off the face straight using the wall as a guide to help. If you open or close the face it will scrape against the wall so helps you keep it straight.

And have a paint brush handy to repair the scuffs before the missus sees them :D

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your on the practice putting green stick 2 tee pegs in the ground 1 either side of you putter, leave the gap between the 2 pegs only just wide enough to get the putter through, then do some putts without touching the 2 tee pegs with your putter