putters

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currently have a circa 62#3, I really like the putter, distance control is very good, but I can push or pull, usually from close, inside 5 feet, wondering if it worth looking at a mallet style, poss a 2 ball putter? any ideas,

thanks

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
hi Rob,
Been trying to sort my stroke for 2 years lol

It is usually ok, but soetimes have a wobble, dont think it is the putter fault, but thinking a change maybe good for a few months.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have found my Scotty Red X to be very easy to swing back and through on line. More so than either of my Anser style Scotties. That said, the feel off the face isn't as nice as the Studio select Newport 1.5 that I had before.

Had a two ball once. Wasn't that impressed.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Currently have a circa 62#3, I really like the putter, distance control is very good, but I can push or pull, usually from close, inside 5 feet, wondering if it worth looking at a mallet style, poss a 2 ball putter? any ideas,

thanks

Have you got a video of your putting stroke?

robbest3offthetee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
JT, Found a mallet style good for anything under about 10 feet,outside of that ,found it hard to get the feel for distance,they say a change is as good as a rest,annoying when you miss a couple of short ones though eh !!,good luck mate....

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
All I would say is you hold the putter face very square right though the stroke, this would suggest to me that you arent rocking your shoulders and instead are a bit handsie any tension then may cause a push or a pull more so a pull but can be both

The answer could be a V easy

imran_ali

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Evening guys. this is my 1st post.
I had a 2 ball and it did not do it for me. currently i have a odyssey no9 tour.....i would recommend it. The other issue is going from a milled face to a insert???

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Imran, welcome along

I have looked the #9, and it looks and feels very good, but not sure how it would play, maybe try and borrow one. I have previously owne a white hot #5 cs with an insert so i know what they are like.

thanks

JT