Putter refurb

justin777

Visit site
I have an old Taylormade blade putter, which I wish to bring back to life. I undid one of the weights, but for the second one the screw snapped I guess due to age. Does anyone know how I can get this out?
Also where I can get a screw replacement.
20240526_100847.jpg

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you’re confident in DIY, easy outs are good for the removal. My only concern would be if the screw was tight enough to break (potentially rusted) you risk snapping the easy out in the thread that’s left too and then the putter is knackered.

You may be better speaking to a local engineering workshop, but they always suggest helicoil but that will effect the weighting Albeit on a small margin.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you’re confident in DIY, easy outs are good for the removal. My only concern would be if the screw was tight enough to break (potentially rusted) you risk snapping the easy out in the thread that’s left too and then the putter is knackered.

You may be better speaking to a local engineering workshop, but they always suggest helicoil but that will effect the weighting Albeit on a small margin.
As the putter is allow, I doubt it doesn't already use a helicoil (its a steel thread insert put into holes in allow to create a thread as alloy is generally too soft for a steel or stainless steel screw to bite and hold).
If they had any sense at the manufacturing, I imagine the screws (if they are supposed to be removable) would be stainless steel)
I would try a screw/bolt removal attachment for a drill driver, alternatively carefully drill the bolt out. If ppush comes to shove and you mess the hole up, you could araldite a new weight back in place after its been prettied up

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As the putter is allow, I doubt it doesn't already use a helicoil (its a steel thread insert put into holes in allow to create a thread as alloy is generally too soft for a steel or stainless steel screw to bite and hold).
If they had any sense at the manufacturing, I imagine the screws (if they are supposed to be removable) would be stainless steel)
I would try a screw/bolt removal attachment for a drill driver, alternatively carefully drill the bolt out. If ppush comes to shove and you mess the hole up, you could araldite a new weight back in place after its been prettied up

Wash your mouth out dear boy!!!

Fore Right

Visit site
Hole in One Repairs in Leeds will return that old friend to brand new.

Not used them for a while but presume they are still going.

Do an incredible job on any club in your bag

Hole In One Repairs
Unit 2/Armley Link Trading Estate, Armley Road
Leeds
LS12 2QN
Telephone: 0113-279 8883