Putter lie

TheClaw

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just wondering if it's possible/advisable to change the lie on my putter? I feel that it would be much better if it was a bit more upright.

Just tried to phone the pro shop but their closed...is that who would do it?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Will depend greatly on what the putter is and who makes it. Some manufacturers will adjust theres far more than others, Ping certainly will (I had one flattened about 8 or 9 degrees many years back), Scotty Cameron I think will only adjust upto 2 degrees.

Obviously if you get a local pro to do it then you can try as far as you want but any warranty is likely to be invalidated, I guess it depends on how much you need it adjusting

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just realised from your signature you have a scotty, think youre very limited how much you can adjust it, when you order them they have a +/- 2 degree option and they offer this if having one customised, dont think youll get them to bend it any more

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Just wondering if it's possible/advisable to change the lie on my putter? I feel that it would be much better if it was a bit more upright.

Just tried to phone the pro shop but their closed...is that who would do it?

Just catch it in the boot of the car, that does the job for me. :( :( :( ;)

TheClaw

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Will depend greatly on what the putter is and who makes it. Some manufacturers will adjust theres far more than others, Ping certainly will (I had one flattened about 8 or 9 degrees many years back), Scotty Cameron I think will only adjust upto 2 degrees.

Obviously if you get a local pro to do it then you can try as far as you want but any warranty is likely to be invalidated, I guess it depends on how much you need it adjusting

I've got a Scotty and an Odyssey putter. They are pretty close to ideal so even a slight adjustment would be fine. Just wasn't sure if I had to send them away or if someone local could give it a go...