Putter Fitting?

grinnell27

Visit site
Has anyone here had one done before?

I think I need a new one judging by my recent play (not bad but not what it should be). Was thinking about getting fitted to make sure im using the right one, I feel like I line up correctly, even sometimes line the ball but im always off a little left or right, the putts are nice and straight though.

I practiced with a Odyssey white hot Pro #7 at a golf shop and sinked 18/20 of the putts on the practice green, granted that its flat.

The other thing is that they aren't that cheap either, to be fair £90 for a putter I can justify but some are £300+

Interested to know everyone's experience.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got a fitting booked for next week myself, same reasoning as yourself, will be interesting to see what our pro says

grinnell27

Visit site
Got a fitting booked for next week myself, same reasoning as yourself, will be interesting to see what our pro says

Yeah the pro shop by me will do the fitting for £25, then decuct that £25 from any purchase made on a putter so not a bad deal really.
Its annoying because there were at least 3 holes I played yesterday that I should have holed but was just left or right but perfectly straight.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I did a fitting for mine. Was an hour session, indoors on a mat but with cameras and computers set up to look at your stroke and how far offline you are etc. From doing that with my old putter he pointed to a section of putters that were all toe-hang and got me to pick one that suits my eye. More putting and data with that one, then he picked out another one to try to compare numbers and feel. Ended up with my Odyssey which I'm still using two and a half years later. I still feel like it's perfect for me and not thinking of changing it at all.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Putting is a personal thing, and all about confidence.
If you know a certain putter/style is going to save you shots, how much is that confidence worth?
I would suggest moaning about the prices of putters is pointless, and perhaps shows a mind not so fully open to the whole process and what it could bring.:)

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Prices of putters is funny to me, although I must admit I do the same thing.

As golfer we don't bat an eyelid at dropping £300+ on a driver that we use 9 times a round, but scoff at the idea of that much on a putter we use 30 times a round.

grinnell27

Visit site
Putting is a personal thing, and all about confidence.
If you know a certain putter/style is going to save you shots, how much is that confidence worth?
I would suggest moaning about the prices of putters is pointless, and perhaps shows a mind not so fully open to the whole process and what it could bring.:)

I can see your point to be fair and I guess if you think about it logically, you probably spend £300+ on a driver you use maybe 14 times a round and you dont bat an eyelid, yet you use a putter probably 36 times a round (2x putts per hole) and I scoff at the price, not a logical thought really by me I guess lol

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can see your point to be fair and I guess if you think about it logically, you probably spend £300+ on a driver you use maybe 14 times a round and you dont bat an eyelid, yet you use a putter probably 36 times a round (2x putts per hole) and I scoff at the price, not a logical thought really by me I guess lol
Exactly:)
There is also the probability that assuming you have found your magic wand, you will keep it for a long time:)

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Prices of putters is funny to me, although I must admit I do the same thing.

As golfer we don't bat an eyelid at dropping £300+ on a driver that we use 9 times a round, but scoff at the idea of that much on a putter we use 30 times a round.
Are your rounds only nine holes? ;)