Putter Change (another putter thread)

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I changed from a white hot Odyssey to a milled ping a few years ago. Just didn't like the dead feeling of the insert.

The same with balls - I don't like the mushy feel of supersoft balls of the putter.

As for distance, I'm more of a length of backswing for a particular distance fan, and always try to buy a couple of calibration putts before going out. Each to their own and all that.

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
Relevant to both this and the ‘itch’ thread... just counted back on eBay and I have had 29 different putters in the last 18 months.... now that is a putter problem!

Granted some were bargains and all but 2 sold back on again-the Evnroll is on eBay at the mo as well (ER1 34 inches if anyone is interested!) so the Toulon is staying-committed to try to stick with it until at least next year.... maybe I’ll start on irons next, or drivers....

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
I have chopped and changed putter 3 times over the last 8 rounds. Back to the oldest of the lot and think im going to try persevere with it now

Visit site
I went from a milled putter to a groove putter and the thing just rolls better. I won’t be playing a milled again. Before you spend your voucher try one.

D

Deleted member 15344

I moved from a spider putter to a Scotty a couple years back - really enjoy the look of the Scotty ( anser type ) and find I can control the pace a little better without the insert. Because there isn’t much forgiveness it does help you concentrate a bit more

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went from a milled putter to a groove putter and the thing just rolls better. I won’t be playing a milled again. Before you spend your voucher try one.

Interesting, don't believe I've ever tried one - thanks for the tip

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I’ve been playing with a Scotty Squareback for a few years now and have no complaints about it at all. I like the solid feel and can usually get the distance close, if not always on the right line 😜

It doesn’t stop me looking at new putters from time to time, have tried a few of late, especially as my lad has started work in AG. Although the Spider responded well in the shop, I’m still not sure about the insert. The one I am very taken with though, is a Bettinardi milled fastback look a like, wow, it is a beauty and just feels fantastic to put with. Sorely tempted, but a stiff price.