Putter and wedge stamping

4LEX

Visit site
Does anyone have any on their clubs? If so what's the best place to have them done?! Asking for someone who bought a kit online, tried himself and managed to destroy a Vokey wedge :unsure: :sneaky:

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Does anyone have any on their clubs? If so what's the best place to have them done?! Asking for someone who bought a kit online, tried himself and managed to destroy a Vokey wedge :unsure::sneaky:

You need a really stable base, so that when you give it a good whack all the energy is exerted into the wedge and it doesn't bounce.

Always practice on a redundant old wedge that doesn't matter. It can look terrible quickly if done wrong.

There are a few youtube videos around it.

Not something i'd bother doing myself for these reasons, one of my scotties is stamped but it was at the custom shop not by me.

IMG_6970.jpg

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It's also down to the quality of the stamps that he is using. A lot of force is required to get it done properly.

Cheap stamps won't work well at all.

I had a putter stamped when it was given a make over by Chris Finch and it looks amazing. A job best left to the professionals.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's also down to the quality of the stamps that he is using. A lot of force is required to get it done properly.

Cheap stamps won't work well at all.

I had a putter stamped when it was given a make over by Chris Finch and it looks amazing. A job best left to the professionals.

2nd Chris Finch - my captain at our gaff had his Scotty done by him
And it’s awesome !

D

Deleted member 18588

ICY Golf engrave rather than stamp wedges. Better result and the process far less likely to damage the clubhead.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As others have said, let the professionals do it. Remember that stamping initials on putters and wedges will seriously affect their value!

4LEX

Visit site
Cheers for the advice! To be fair it was a budget set of stamps and I wasn't using a vice! It wasn't a new wedge so wasn't too bothered.