Push trolley or New Lithium Battery

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I'm just in the process of moving house to within walking distance of my course. 15minute walk

I was planning on selling my GoKart and buying a push trolley as the battery is now dead after 14holes. I did think about getting a Lithium 36 hole battery, but the Gokart ones are £250!.

Has anyone bought cheaper Lithium Batteries? I've seen one on powerhousegolf.co.uk for £179. Would it be worth the money

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's between "want" and "need".
Anyone that wants an electric - get one.
But they're expensive and the battery needs charging and will eventually die. Plus there are many other components that could fail.
A push trolley is cheaper and needs no more expense during its life. There's more chance of being able to use it during the winter where a heavy electric might be banned
Is your course, and the courses you play mostly, flat or not too hilly?
Mine are, which is why I have a pusher.
But I do find it hard going when I play away at some courses where there are big hills. There are times Indian I had no electric.
On balance, Push works for me at the moment.
Make a Pro/Con list.

boyatthebay

Hacker
Visit site
I personally prefer Push as I don't have to think about having to remember putting a battery on charge, which most of the time I used to forget. Also think Electric have more to go wrong with them, especially the newest ones USB Points/Built in GPS/Large display screens.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a Go-Kart 18 hole battery and it'll do 36. I wouldn't push it to do that every time. The issue you'll have with the GK is the way the battery attaches to the trolley. Not sure many other the same pins at the back to slot into the trolley

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have a GoKart and I bought a 36 hole lithium battery with charger off ebay for £160 and a 2nd battery holder from the GoKart website for about £11.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
My course is pretty hilly so I have a GoKart. I changed to a Lithium battery about two years ago off ebay for about £150 and it was the best thing I did. So much lighter than the original battery, charges quickly and holds its charge well.
Check the GoKart site for the correct type and size of battery first though.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s only the coloured cover and handle piece that are Gokart specific, that is clipped and strapped to the battery.
The battery is just a suitably sized battery, then you bolt the connector leads to the battery terminals. I’ve done it myself.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It’s only the coloured cover and handle piece that are Gokart specific, that is clipped and strapped to the battery.
The battery is just a suitably sized battery, then you bolt the connector leads to the battery terminals. I’ve done it myself.
It's a lot easier to do if you have the right size battery. When I was looking not all the batteries on the market would fit the GoKart cover.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I go to the gym for a workout. I make my golf as easy as possible.

Although my original comment was posted as a joke, one of my 'regrets' where I play was having to go to a trolley, it makes you walk a much longer distance. This winter trolleys were not allowed within 30 yards of the greens.