Pronouns

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pronouns are definitive once a person's sex has been established.
Maybe it would be easier if people stated their preferred sex rather than lists of pronouns.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Queen also uses 'one' to signify her status as a sort of deity, as in one god.
One would think this is correct, wouldn't one?
One (pronoun) - Wikipedia

I've used the word one at the beginning and end of the sentence.
Not so. She doesn't refer to herself as 'one'. She does use it as an impersonal pronoun - in the same way you & I might do so.

Her use of 'we' (ie the Royal 'we') stems from her position as Head of State - effectively her being the embodiment of the nation as a whole. Effectively you can translate her use of 'we' as shorthand for 'we, the nation and peoples of Great Britain etc ...'

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am assuming all this will not be applicable when we get a new PM. Though having said that, as a global company, we will stick to it

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not so. She doesn't refer to herself as 'one'. She does use it as an impersonal pronoun - in the same way you & I might do so.
...'
My understanding is that the use of 'one' in this way is derived from the Germanic 'man'. Just another contribution to the English language from continental Europe from successive migrations to England over the centuries, though Royal family 'connections' might also be involved and sped the usage up.