Probably something very simple...

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi experts! probably doing something very simply wromg, but before i go for professional help, just thought would ask if anyone had any ideas?

Went to the range this morning, warmed up great, hit some wedges great,9, 8 7 iron all fine. Driver, 5 wood, hybrid, hit them really well. 4,5,6 iron... now there is the problem! fats, thins, shanks all sorts. everything but a clean strike.

What are the basics i should be looking at? ball position? distance from ball? etc etc?

Thanks folks!

G

guest100718

If I have a bad session or part of one it mostly down to getting to quick and out of sequence and hitting from the top.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Most of the times I have this sort of problem, it's because I am moving about - either looking for the flight, so head comes up dragging shoulders with it, or general lack of balance.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys. think like alex mentioned, target focus and taking time and setting properly with a pre shot routine. probably rushing, but for me its counter productive. hit a bad one, re-load and try and belt the living wotsits out of the next one, its a viscous circle for me. Thanks guys, just found it weird is was just those clubs, i know they are not the easiest clubs in the bag to hit well, but the really long stuff i was really really pleased with and am looking forward to lots of FIR if that carrys on!! just worried about the GIR now!!

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can happen if you start machine gunning them down the range, rushing, no thought etc.

Just stop and do something different.......hit some really lazy pitches or tee up the driver and hit a few to get back in the moment

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can happen if you start machine gunning them down the range, rushing, no thought etc.

Just stop and do something different.......hit some really lazy pitches or tee up the driver and hit a few to get back in the moment

Think you are bob on. Thanks!

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This happens to me and it's a 'mare. Sometimes unable to shake it off and get fed up. Am sure it's because I start hitting and stop swinging. Was able to get on track recently by taking a pause then doing some left arm only swings before resuming.