Pro-V-1 versus Pro-V-1X

Hoganman1

Visit site
I cannot make up my mind which of these balls I like best. I've been playing the "X" for a few months and have had good results. My index has dropped a couple of strokes since March. However, I found a regular Pro-V-1 the other day on the 11th hole and finished the round with it. Maybe it is my imagination, but it seemed slightly longer off the tee and with my fairway woods. I know there isn't a huge difference between the two. Chipping and putting are the strongest parts of my game while I'm not very long anymore. My drives are between 190 to 210 and my five wood is a 175 club. I need a ball that helps me hit it farther and still performs well on or around the green. I guess that applies to everyone. I just wondered which ball any of you Titliest players choose and why or, if I should consider trying a different brand.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
ive just moved away from Prov1 and X, with my ever slowing swing speed, i don't think i was getting the best out of them. switched to a softer 3 piece in the Srixon Qstar tour. i would say i'm getting a few more yards off the tee from it, stops fine and is soft to putt, with though my putting has deserted me of late.

scuffs up much less than a pro V, prob get 3 rounds out of one which wouldn't be the case with the ProV.

Also the big thing its almost half the price of a Prov, though i don't need to buy Prov's got loads

Reactions: MrC

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I cannot remember exactly what so it might not help.
I chose the V1 over the V1X having tried out both fairly extensively.
Needing to find a new ball as I had run out of my favourite and did not like the new version

Knowing me greenside control was probably a factor.

I do remember finding them much of a muchness compared to earlier versions.

Trying other makes is always worthwhile and something I do quite often.

Worth trying the Bridgestone 330RXS which is aimed at slower swing speeds I just did not like how they felt in comparison with the older versions.

IanMcC

Visit site
I have been using the Titleist DT Trusoft, and previously to that the Srixon Green.
A few weeks ago after losing 2 balls at one hole, I finished the round with a ProV1. I gained approximately 12 to 15 yards off of the tee.
I persevered with ProV1s, and found that they were not only longer but straighter with my irons also.
They still sound awful to me, putting and driving, compared to the softer Trusoft, but it is worth the change over. Chipping is of no consequence, as it is the worst part of my game.
My driver swing speed is 103mph and my 6 iron is 81mph. Driver is now around 260yards and a 6 iron around 165yards. 9 handicapper.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't Titleist swap the playing characteristics over a while back so what was the ProV1x is essentially the Pro V now?

according to what they say -yes, it applies to the current (2019) model, hence my trial of the Prov1x which I would not have chosen previously.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks. The site said the Pro-V-1 is best for me. The second choice was the AVX. I guess I'll play the regular Pro-V-1 for a month and see what happens.

One of my mates has been using the AVX lately with success (not enough greenside spin for me). He alternates with the Bridgestone 330 Tour B XS but he has a much faster swing speed than me hence my choice would be (as said) the 330RXS . Bridgestone also have a ball fitting tool https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/en-us/find-my-ball/ball-selector-tool

Hoganman1

Visit site

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks. The site said the Pro-V-1 is best for me. The second choice was the AVX. I guess I'll play the regular Pro-V-1 for a month and see what happens.
I play the X as it flies a little higher. Allegedly!
In reality there isn’t a great deal between them.
The X is a little firmer to putt with in my mind.
AVX is a good ball off the tee but I found them very hard to control around the green, they don’t stop well with short irons either.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played today and swapped between the RX and the RXS......both felt really good, both stopped well on our firm greens and rolled well off the putter.
RXS definitely softer but the RX isn't hard..
Nice balls..May well aquire some........

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today and swapped between the RX and the RXS......both felt really good, both stopped well on our firm greens and rolled well off the putter.
RXS definitely softer but the RX isn't hard..
Nice balls..May well aquire some........

It is worth noting that they have bought a a new version for 2020

I played versions 1 and 2 for years (I still have quite a few RX which I use in winter) but did not like the feel of the 2018 RXS ball, seemed very similar in feel to the Graphene version of the Callaway Chrome soft.

Still in two minds about whether or not I really like the ProV1 in comparison, I seem to have lost some of the spin I am used to but with the greens so hard at the moment it is difficult to be sure.