Pro Shop or not?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We don't have "pro shop" comps. It's either monthly stableford/medals or specific trophy events. Other that those I play in a regular roll up on a Saturday and Sunday for a few quid per man. If we did hold this type of comp, no doubt the roll up would enter en masse, roll up and go out. Anything to try and get a cut for most of them, including myself. There would still be a few quid in the pot so it creates its own"kudos"

Fish

Banned
Visit site
At 2 clubs I've been a member of the Pro's [shop] day is a way of the Pro saying thank you to the members that support him and he effectively is giving something back as the refreshments at the halfway hut are always free, beers & hot batches etc supplied by him and there are always good prizes.

I think its an excellent PR comp for the Pro to do and should be something all club Pro's do, IMO.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
At 2 clubs I've been a member of the Pro's [shop] day is a way of the Pro saying thank you to the members that support him and he effectively is giving something back as the refreshments at the halfway hut are always free, beers & hot batches etc supplied by him and there are always good prizes.

I think its an excellent PR comp for the Pro to do and should be something all club Pro's do, IMO.

Ours is not quite like that. Basically, if there is no formal club comp, then there is a pro shop comp on. Essentially, the pro gets all the takings as a) he gets a direct cut of the fee and b) all prizes are credited on your pro shop account.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ours is not quite like that. Basically, if there is no formal club comp, then there is a pro shop comp on. Essentially, the pro gets all the takings as a) he gets a direct cut of the fee and b) all prizes are credited on your pro shop account.

Oh right, thought it was a one-off not a gap filler.