Prices Gone Mad??

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Prices are gone really up, I mentioned it in another thread few weeks ago.
here in Ireland the GUI (Golfing union of Ireland) released figures that there have been 12,000 new members Registered in Irish clubs since lockdown. That’s big given our population so can see why price of equipment etc is rising

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
So I've recently replaced quite a few clubs in the bag after getting more of an idea of what I want after playing for 18 months or so.

Irons - bought for £60 sold for £80

Driver - bought for £65 sold for £60

And previous driver I tried but didn't like - bought for £25 part exchanged for £75

All had been with me and used for 18 months or so. Seems to be a really strange market at the minute.

I've also got a spare 3 wood and 3 hybrid that eBay sold listings are currently more than I paid 18 months ago

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So I've recently replaced quite a few clubs in the bag after getting more of an idea of what I want after playing for 18 months or so.

Irons - bought for £60 sold for £80

Driver - bought for £65 sold for £60

And previous driver I tried but didn't like - bought for £25 part exchanged for £75

All had been with me and used for 18 months or so. Seems to be a really strange market at the minute.

I've also got a spare 3 wood and 3 hybrid that eBay sold listings are currently more than I paid 18 months ago

Now's the time to flog as much gear as you have. With the market so short of gear, especially decent gear then chances are you'll make on the deal

Steviefella

Visit site
Bought a Titleist players bag off a mate for 80 quid, used it for a few months. Then advertised it on the bay for 99 pence starting, or buy it now if £100.
Sold for £125, which is new bag money.
I’ve made a profit on most of my eBay stuff since Covid came into force, I put it down to boredom on buyers part.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Spotted this online

From @GolfDatatech: U.S. golf equipment sales reached the all-time greatest single month in retail sales since the company started tracking data in 1997. July’s total of $388.6 million beats June 2007 ($368.1 million) and June 2006 ($364 million

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Spotted this online

From @GolfDatatech: U.S. golf equipment sales reached the all-time greatest single month in retail sales since the company started tracking data in 1997. July’s total of $388.6 million beats June 2007 ($368.1 million) and June 2006 ($364 million

Most of it being brought by the members of this forum !!!

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
This thread explains my recent experience.
Decided to eventually get rid of an old set of Ping G10 irons (7 clubs, 5-SW) that had been hanging around in the loft.
Stuck them on eBay and expected to get about £50 for them.
Sold for £187 :D
Will put it towards some much-needed lessons :cry:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Anyone else consider that another Eason is that with people not being able to go out and shop as easily as was the case, bank balances are a bit healthier and consequently people might be prepared to pay a bit more?

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
Had a similar experience myself recently with my clicgear trolley, bought 5 years ago for £150 and just sold it for £170. Granted it had a few accessories with it but some really crazy prices at the minute.
Couldn't believe the amount of interest it had.

Tempted to have a bit more of a clearout!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sounds like the 22yr old lad I know who bought the mp67s when his mates started playing as lockdown was eased, and we could play, has decided the game is not for him. I sense a set of mp67s will be for sale very soon. I'll encourage him to keep giving it a go - sell the mp67s and get other clubs that'll encourage rather than hinder him...

Could be quite a number of folks like him.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
My mate sells stuff on eBay as a living and he was telling me he sold a Motocaddy umbrella holder (used) for more than the new price at American golf and postage on top of that.
I live on eBay and have seen quite a bit of this. A guy was selling a Yes Morgan putter for £125+ used, Scottsdale golf are/were selling them new for £75. But if you can't be bothered to Google then there is every chance you'll pay more than you need to.
There is a set of used Cleveland 588 CB 2 - PW on eBay for £299. Greg Nicholson sold his last new set of 5-PW last week for £299.
As for the dearth of equipment. I was round my sons house last week and he had two new (old) fairways in his bag. I asked him where they had come from and he told me that his father in law, who had along with some friends just taken up golf, had been buying everything he could get his hands on off eBay, trying it and then discarding it.
As someone else mentioned above, I suspect that there will be a mountain of used clubs re-appear on the market in the next twelve months.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All come from China and they are struggling to get parts to make them. I managed to bag a m7 remote trolley after weeks of looking.

A Stewarts push trolley is made in the UK, I love mine.

I recently sold a first generation m2 3 wood i bought from a mate 2 years ago for £70 for £105 on eBay.