Price Of Golf Balls

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it me or have the cost of new golf balls shot up lately? As an example. Srixon Soft feel. I'm sure they used to be about 12.99 a box. Now they're £17.99 a box????? :mmm:

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Might that be due to the pound dropping? If anything I have a feeling that they are getting slightly cheaper over here (which I blame on so many new manufactureres entering the market).

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thought the same.

Premium balls have always been silly however the cost of the lower end Srixon etc balls have shot up.

I'd have thought with oil prices being so low that the manufacturing costs would have dropped. Not to mention the infrastructure to actually construct the balls must have been paid for many moons ago.

Ad333 used to be a tenner in the sale maybe 3-5 years ago.

Now the are 16 in the sale.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Different ones are on offer at different times I guess. I thought Supersoft were 20 quid a box but I got a box for £18 in Sports Direct a few weeks back. Soft Feels in particular do seem to have gone up though. Maybe they changed how they make them.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The exchange rate has been bad and getting worse for imports. That will be adding 10-15% to prices and mfrs may take that opportunity to sneak a price increase in at the same time. The same applies to golf shoes which seem to have shot up horrifically this past year.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The exchange rate has been bad and getting worse for imports. That will be adding 10-15% to prices and mfrs may take that opportunity to sneak a price increase in at the same time. The same applies to golf shoes which seem to have shot up horrifically this past year.

What about irons? A set of the latest offerings are around the £1,000 mark now!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The price of titanium has gone up.

Minimum wage has gone up

Employers now have to give the employees a pension.

Business rates have gone up.

A little bit here and a little bit there and it all adds up.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fortunately I have numerous balls and so haven't had to buy any for ages so not noticed any increase. Logged online to have a look and premium and mid-priced are definitely more expensive than I recall.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The price of titanium has gone up.

Minimum wage has gone up

Employers now have to give the employees a pension.

Business rates have gone up.

A little bit here and a little bit there and it all adds up.

Well I hope my state pension will go up ......... (when I get it in a few months)

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Any amateur who spents £45 on 12 Pro v 1 x's has either too much money or is crazy,yes OP the price of golf balls has got ridiculous unless your very good & dont lose them :).

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any amateur who spents £45 on 12 Pro v 1 x's has either too much money or is crazy,yes OP the price of golf balls has got ridiculous unless your very good & dont lose them :).

Thanks to another thread on here, I've found some of my fav golf balls at a bargin price and just bought three boxes for £10 each. Happy days !!!!

Thing is I'll hate loosing any of them as their not made anymore.