Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maguire deserves credit for his actions. His behaviour is what you want from a leader and will generate respect inside football circles and the United and England dressing room.

Arrest, conviction and sentenced in 4 about days......what a joke. It really says it all about Greece and the Police involved.

Dodgy 'locals' cause trouble on an easy target, the bent Police behave disgracefully and get a bit of a hiding. Lied about bribes, assaults and did it for the attention. Stories to be sold soon no doubt. They knew the outcome before the hearing so they can make up whatever they like.

Harry Maguire is a down to earth northerner, theres no way he'd be going around saying 'Do you know who I am'.....:rolleyes:

I thought of this post when I saw his Instagram post on the news. Down to earth Northerner :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Maguire deserves credit for his actions. His behaviour is what you want from a leader and will generate respect inside football circles and the United and England dressing room.

Arrest, conviction and sentenced in 4 about days......what a joke. It really says it all about Greece and the Police involved.

Dodgy 'locals' cause trouble on an easy target, the bent Police behave disgracefully and get a bit of a hiding. Lied about bribes, assaults and did it for the attention. Stories to be sold soon no doubt. They knew the outcome before the hearing so they can make up whatever they like.

Harry Maguire is a down to earth northerner, theres no way he'd be going around saying 'Do you know who I am'.....:rolleyes:

4 days is not all that unusual for district court type cases of affray, breach of the peace etc where there is no jury trial. I'm sure the process in the UK wouldn't be all that much different.

I'm sure the chap who assaulted Jack Grealish was convicted the following week and was serving a few months of jail time 4 or 5 days after the incident. So the Midlands & the police are a joke there as well?

21 months is a huge sentence, but not when you consider it is being used as a disincentive for 1st offenders.

And to say Harry Maguire isn't that type of person, it wouldn't be the 1st time a supposedly level headed guy had a few drinks and got into bother with people he would usually take nothing to do with.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4 days is not all that unusual for district court type cases of affray, breach of the peace etc where there is no jury trial. I'm sure the process in the UK wouldn't be all that much different.

I'm sure the chap who assaulted Jack Grealish was convicted the following week and was serving a few months of jail time 4 or 5 days after the incident. So the Midlands & the police are a joke there as well?

21 months is a huge sentence, but not when you consider it is being used as a disincentive for 1st offenders.

And to say Harry Maguire isn't that type of person, it wouldn't be the 1st time a supposedly level headed guy had a few drinks and got into bother with people he would usually take nothing to do with.
Shhhhhhh...you know all Brits on holiday are totally innocent of everything they are charged and or convicted of.

I just don't get why this "level headed Northerner" has forgotten he is an England international player and doesn't act as the role model and ambassador he is and represents. But then perhaps his immediate defence by some just shows how accepting we are of the terrible behaivour of English idiots abroad.

D

Deleted member 16999

Shhhhhhh...you know all Brits on holiday are totally innocent of everything they are charged and or convicted of.

I just don't get why this "level headed Northerner" has forgotten he is an England international player and doesn't act as the role model and ambassador he is and represents. But then perhaps his immediate defence by some just shows how accepting we are of the terrible behaivour of English idiots abroad.
Or maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle?

He alleged his sister had been injected with a rape drug, if that’s what he believed then I can understand his or anyone else’s anger.

How far would any of us go if that’s what we believed had happened to a member of our family?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle?

He alleged his sister had been injected with a rape drug, if that’s what he believed then I can understand his or anyone else’s anger.

How far would any of us go if that’s what we believed had happened to a member of our family?
Yes I agree with this.
We only know what the press are telling us.
But they leave a lot out that sometimes sets the agenda.
It isn’t very complementary of the Greek police or justice dept though.
If that was a ordinary bloke on holiday with no access to top quality ( Man Utd) legal team he would be in jail imo.
But on the other hand he would not be targeted by them for being famous.
Bit of a mess on both sides.