Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1m

Harry Maguire handed a prison sentence of 21 months and 10 days. But this will be suspended because it is a first offence and charges were misdemeanours.

Shows how backwards Greece justice system is

The officers seemed dodgy from the reports

Charges are not misdemeanours at all there big deal!!

Backwards country

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dan Roan @danroan
3m

BREAKING: All 3 defendants in Harry Maguire trial found guilty on all charges. Sentences to come shortly
Well I think most ordinary folk would be going to jail for that!
Will be interesting to see what happens.p
1m

Harry Maguire handed a prison sentence of 21 months and 10 days. But this will be suspended because it is a first offence and charges were misdemeanours.
i wouldn’t say assaulting a police officer and attempted bribery were misdemeanours.
He is a very lucky lad if that’s correct.
just said On BBC news somebody injected his sister with a drug .
That’s what started the trouble.
Very dodgy ,are the police protecting these gangs?
Think we need more info.

Last edited:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It all sounds very dodgy. Something went off but do wonder if the police clocked who was involved and then who knows...

Unseemly haste to hold the trial too and then lenient sentence.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It all sounds very dodgy. Something went off but do wonder if the police clocked who was involved and then who knows...

Unseemly haste to hold the trial too and then lenient sentence.

Indeed. Sky Sports now saying some of these officer may have been plain clothed which would have further complicated the scene (would Maguire and the others mistaken them for local citizens), the prosecution case seemed put through with great haste with little time for the defence to react, and I'm doubtful to the ordinary holiday maker these would have been seen as misdemeanours. I am sure the appeal will go ahead and hopefully more details of what really went on (though I doubt it) come to light. I think yes he probably did something stupid and perhaps even broke Greek law. and yes he'll get different treatment for who he is but lets get it done openly and then if the 21 month sentence is just and fair enough and hopefully a lesson learned (although again I have my doubts)

Also pleased to see Southgate drop him from the squad and perhaps that should be the case until the appeal and the matter gets closed properly

4LEX

Visit site
Maguire deserves credit for his actions. His behaviour is what you want from a leader and will generate respect inside football circles and the United and England dressing room.

Arrest, conviction and sentenced in 4 about days......what a joke. It really says it all about Greece and the Police involved.

Dodgy 'locals' cause trouble on an easy target, the bent Police behave disgracefully and get a bit of a hiding. Lied about bribes, assaults and did it for the attention. Stories to be sold soon no doubt. They knew the outcome before the hearing so they can make up whatever they like.

Harry Maguire is a down to earth northerner, theres no way he'd be going around saying 'Do you know who I am'.....:rolleyes:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maguire deserves credit for his actions. His behaviour is what you want from a leader and will generate respect inside football circles and the United and England dressing room.

Arrest, conviction and sentenced in 4 about days......what a joke. It really says it all about Greece and the Police involved.

Dodgy 'locals' cause trouble on an easy target, the bent Police behave disgracefully and get a bit of a hiding. Lied about bribes, assaults and did it for the attention. Stories to be sold soon no doubt. They knew the outcome before the hearing so they can make up whatever they like.

Harry Maguire is a down to earth northerner, theres no way he'd be going around saying 'Do you know who I am'.....:rolleyes:
Or perhaps the Greeks are fed up with boozy Brits causing mayhem...

4LEX

Visit site
Or perhaps the Greeks are fed up with boozy Brits causing mayhem...

I do think that's true aswell. Low paid Police seeing millionaire footballers with girls hanging off them and spending a years salary in an hour is going to cause resentment. It's human nature.

But without boozy Brits Greece would be even more screwed. They were desperate for us to go back despite of Covid.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do think that's true aswell. Low paid Police seeing millionaire footballers with girls hanging off them and spending a years salary in an hour is going to cause resentment. It's human nature.

But without boozy Brits Greece would be even more screwed. They were desperate for us to go back despite of Covid.
So it's the Greeks fault then?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shows how backwards Greece justice system is

The officers seemed dodgy from the reports

Charges are not misdemeanours at all there big deal!!

Backwards country

It really feels like he's being stitched up. I heard the coppers were kicking him saying they were going to 'end his career'. The bribery charge seems like a joke, I wouldn't be surprised if they've taken a few bribes before. Corrupt as anything.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It really feels like he's being stitched up. I heard the coppers were kicking him saying they were going to 'end his career'. The bribery charge seems like a joke, I wouldn't be surprised if they've taken a few bribes before. Corrupt as anything.

Well they hAve ended his England career almost

Good luck getting a visa for certain countries now

4LEX

Visit site
He'll be back soon, these are just fodder games for England. The fact half of the squad have been getting smashed on holiday a few weeks before says it all.

Beneath the surface everyone has got his back. As for visa issues, only the US has a real issue with violent or drug related convictions. They'll be no meaningful games there.

4LEX

Visit site

It's a total stitch up. Harry Maguire is a top guy and would not attack randoms or Police, neither offer bribes. He did what anyone would've done.

If it was such a serious crime and warranted 21 months in jail why was the entire case over in 4 days?! I had an issue in Santorini a few years ago and I saw the lies first hand that so called authorities can conjure up.