Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Its very hard at the minute to determine whether a signing is good value for money, that can only really be decided afterwards. The highly inflated prices we are now seeing just put more pressure on the situation and make a lot of signings look bad.

If Wan-Bissaka goes on to play 10 seasons for Man Utd, then he will go on to be great value for money. Whether he is an international player I think is irrelevant. For me, its the same with all signings. Many people thought £75m for VVD was ridiculous, but Liverpool have probably made that transfer fee back in prize money this season and he now looks a bargain.

I'm sure those that were around at the time thought £1m for Trevor Francis was ridiculous, whereas you'd struggle to buy a 16 year old who can do 5 keepy uppys for that price now.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think you are looking for something that isn’t there - if it’s got to the stage that people are going to react just because someone rates someone else over another player then what’s the point

Read the post again and show me where I have been that critical about a player that it justifies the overreaction ?

I haven’t said Wan Bissaka is a bad player , or Rodri is a bad player , haven’t said that they are bad signings etc etc

I see one player as a better value signing than another and see one player has a better player than another - that’s all , simple as that. Think it’s just a case of people reacting to who is making the post as opposed to the content of the post.
Maybe you’re just misunderstood by a lot of people Phil 👍🏻

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
giphy.gif

In other news, looks like Joao Felix is off to Atletico. Spending that Griezmann money before he's gone, picking up Felix for an insane £112.9m. He's obviously incredibly talented, but really only showed it for a little over half a season last season so seems a big gamble. Pretty sure he'll turn out great, but does seem a hell of a lot of money. Worked out for PSG with Mbappe though, who was very much in the same stage of his career when he signed for them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In other news, looks like Joao Felix is off to Atletico. Spending that Griezmann money before he's gone, picking up Felix for an insane £112.9m. He's obviously incredibly talented, but really only showed it for a little over half a season last season so seems a big gamble. Pretty sure he'll turn out great, but does seem a hell of a lot of money. Worked out for PSG with Mbappe though, who was very much in the same stage of his career when he signed for them.
Not gonna lie, I have absolutely no idea who that is and he's moving for over £100mil. Wow.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not gonna lie, I have absolutely no idea who that is and he's moving for over £100mil. Wow.

You need to play more Football Manager ;) He's a seriously talented Portuguese attacking midfielder / forward who has already broken into the Portugal team and had a superb half season for Benfica last year (bagged 15 goals in 26 league appearances). He's really, really good and is only 19, but £113m is a big risk given he's not even played a full season in Liga Nos.

Benfica are so stacked with talent. Felix, Gedson, Ruben Dias, Florentino Luis, Grimaldo, Cervi, Zivkovic and Svilar will all likely end up plying their trade in a top European league in the next few years.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You need to play more Football Manager ;) He's a seriously talented Portuguese attacking midfielder / forward who has already broken into the Portugal team and had a superb half season for Benfica last year (bagged 15 goals in 26 league appearances). He's really, really good and is only 19, but £113m is a big risk given he's not even played a full season in Liga Nos.

Benfica are so stacked with talent. Felix, Gedson, Ruben Dias, Florentino Luis, Grimaldo, Cervi, Zivkovic and Svilar will all likely end up plying their trade in a top European league in the next few years.
Ha, I'm still playing CM0102. He was only just born then...

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

and if you don't play FM and you've never heard of him and keep updated via social media/sky sports news - sounds like a HUGE risk to me.

D

Deleted member 15344

Its very hard at the minute to determine whether a signing is good value for money, that can only really be decided afterwards. The highly inflated prices we are now seeing just put more pressure on the situation and make a lot of signings look bad.

If Wan-Bissaka goes on to play 10 seasons for Man Utd, then he will go on to be great value for money. Whether he is an international player I think is irrelevant. For me, its the same with all signings. Many people thought £75m for VVD was ridiculous, but Liverpool have probably made that transfer fee back in prize money this season and he now looks a bargain.

I'm sure those that were around at the time thought £1m for Trevor Francis was ridiculous, whereas you'd struggle to buy a 16 year old who can do 5 keepy uppys for that price now.

Oh don’t get me wrong if Wan Bissaka goes on to play season after season then it’s going to be a good buy - he is a good player don’t get me wrong and he certainly is better than what Utd have currently.

Maybe these fees are just going to keep going - most thought it was mad when we paid £75 mil for VVD and £65 for a GK - both turned out to be outstanding buys- I don’t know where it will stop.
giphy.gif

That’s a lot of money for a player who has a massive reputation on social media and of course on games

Mbappe at his stage was showing it in the CL.

Huge risk from Atletico but they rarely get it wrong when they spend big.

Now they just need to sell Greizmann - but it’s a struggle to see where he is going to go

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Oh don’t get me wrong if Wan Bissaka goes on to play season after season then it’s going to be a good buy - he is a good player don’t get me wrong and he certainly is better than what Utd have currently.

Maybe these fees are just going to keep going - most thought it was mad when we paid £75 mil for VVD and £65 for a GK - both turned out to be outstanding buys- I don’t know where it will stop.

That’s a lot of money for a player who has a massive reputation on social media and of course on games

Mbappe at his stage was showing it in the CL.

Huge risk from Atletico but they rarely get it wrong when they spend big.

Now they just need to sell Greizmann - but it’s a struggle to see where he is going to go

It wont stop unless people stop paying for SKY/BT etc.

The last time the transfer record was broken it more than doubled (Pogba £89m v Neymar £198m) IIRC, its crazy to think that would happen again when it is broken the next time. Hard to imagine we wont get to £500 million

D

Deleted member 15344

It wont stop unless people stop paying for SKY/BT etc.

The last time the transfer record was broken it more than doubled (Pogba £89m v Neymar £198m) IIRC, its crazy to think that would happen again when it is broken the next time. Hard to imagine we wont get to £500 million
Very true - but i think sky etc get more money from selling the rights abroad

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought Griezmann to Barca had been in the pipeline for ages.

Last I read on that was that Barca were waiting until 1st July as for some reason the minimum fee release clause in Greizman's contract drops to just over £100 million from that date. I would assume it will be to do with how long he has left on his contract.

D

Deleted member 15344

I will be surprised if Barce go for him if they get Neymar in , unless Dembele is on his way out as well

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
but it’s a struggle to see where he is going to go

Oh Phil, I think in this one sentence you’ve basically summed yourself up.

You are the only person in the world right now who thinks the Griezmann move isn’t already set in stone and awaiting the official sign off.

I’ll take any bet whatsoever from you that he moves within two weeks. Name your bet. I’ll take it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you are looking for something that isn’t there - if it’s got to the stage that people are going to react just because someone rates someone else over another player then what’s the point

Read the post again and show me where I have been that critical about a player that it justifies the overreaction ?

I haven’t said Wan Bissaka is a bad player , or Rodri is a bad player , haven’t said that they are bad signings etc etc

I see one player as a better value signing than another and see one player has a better player than another - that’s all , simple as that. Think it’s just a case of people reacting to who is making the post as opposed to the content of the post.

Read my post again and show me where I've even mentioned a player!
I merely said .................................. oh never mind, it's not that important.
Certainly not important enough to go round and round in circles as has been done too many times in this thread by certain posters.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys, I am a signed up member and have been for a few years. I dont post much but often sign in.

I am a liverpool fan but i am embarrassed by Liverpool Phil and his opinions/Trolling.

I have tried putting him on ignore but his ridiculous opinions/baiting meaning he replies to threads all the time make it unreadable.

Is there a way I can start a thread about football where we can have an honest fun debate without his input.

Can you set a thread up where someone is banned from commenting from?

D

Deleted member 15344

Hi Guys, I am a signed up member and have been for a few years. I dont post much but often sign in.

I am a liverpool fan but i am embarrassed by Liverpool Phil and his opinions/Trolling.

I have tried putting him on ignore but his ridiculous opinions/baiting meaning he replies to threads all the time make it unreadable.

Is there a way I can start a thread about football where we can have an honest fun debate without his input.

Can you set a thread up where someone is banned from commenting from?

Welcome - you say such lovely words 👍

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
Welcome - you say such lovely words 👍

No need to welcome me i have been a member for a while.

Maybe you need to remember "Lovely words " when discussing football and other teams and players bought/associated with.

Hopefully then you won't spoil another thread with your bias and inaccuracy and maybe enjoy the wonderful premier league we have.

I wont hold my breath hence why I have asked if we can have a football thread in which you are not allowed to post so the rest of us can enjoy debate, opinions and banter without you spoiling it.

I will start the thread if the mods allow this?