Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reports now that Wan-Bissaka to Man Utd is on the verge of completion. Good move for the lad actually, he'll start most games and it puts him in the England reckoning. Although, weirdly, for our strongest position in the side. :LOL:
Disappointing move. He looks a good player and will improve the team :(. An awful lot of money for him but values are screwy now so who knows anymore.

Good amount of money for Palace as well, they can buy a few players with that.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm thinking that's a good deal for all involved.
English players demand a stupid premium, but hey, it's been that way for a long time.
I think he represents better VFM than Maguire - at up to £80M!
For that price I'd be happy of he went to City .................................. I think.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm thinking that's a good deal for all involved.
English players demand a stupid premium, but hey, it's been that way for a long time.
I think he represents better VFM than Maguire - at up to £80M!
For that price I'd be happy of he went to City .................................. I think.

From what I've read City have "only" offered £60 million for him. United we're prepared to pay more but he wants to go to City instead. Will be interesting to watch this one unfold.

D

Deleted member 15344

Interesting signing for Spurs , looked decent on the odd few occasions seen him , going to be sat in front of the back four - young strong - replacement for Dembele. Good signing but does that mean someone is leaving ? Eriksen , Dier ?

Think he has more potential and ability than Rodri who City are looking to buy

Certainly better value than £50mil for Wan Bissaka

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Interesting signing for Spurs , looked decent on the odd few occasions seen him , going to be sat in front of the back four - young strong - replacement for Dembele. Good signing but does that mean someone is leaving ? Eriksen , Dier ?

Certainly.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I don't think it means someone is leaving. And if Dier is leaving then it's no great loss. While I've only seen him play 2 or 3 times, Ndombele does look exactly the player we need to replace Dembele. Hopefully the presence of Sissoko alongside him, and Lloris as club captain will help him settle quickly.

If you consider that being English adds £10m to the price anyway, I don't think 50 is too bad for Wan-Bissaka in all honesty. He's only 21 so all his best years are ahead, and we already know he can play well in the Premier League so there's very little risk - he also improves on their other RB options. They could get 10 years out of him, best case scenario.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

You never disappoint, Phil, you never disappoint.

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh no 😱 , it’s almost as if it’s a shock that you’re offended by someone being slightly critical about Man Utd when it’s so easy at the moment with everything they do.

The team is in dire need of CB , CM’s and prob strikers that for me spending £50mil on someone who hasn’t even played a full international yet isn’t as good as value as Spurs spending £65 mil on someone who is playing full internationals for prob the best international team at the moment. He is a decent player but for me that’s a bit overpriced , not as bad as the £80mil on Maguire though

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh no 😱 , it’s almost as if it’s a shock that you’re offended by someone being slightly critical about Man Utd when it’s so easy at the moment with everything they do.

The team is in dire need of CB , CM’s and prob strikers that for me spending £50mil on someone who hasn’t even played a full international yet isn’t as good as value as Spurs spending £65 mil on someone who is playing full internationals for prob the best international team at the moment. He is a decent player but for me that’s a bit overpriced , not as bad as the £80mil on Maguire though

Not offended in the slightest, I've been highly critical, of the shambles that is Man United, many times myself.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Why does it matter if he's played an international? He's destined to be back-up for Alexander-Arnold his whole career anyway by the looks of it. They signed De Gea 3 years before he played an international, and that worked out alright.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why does it matter if he's played an international? He's destined to be back-up for Alexander-Arnold his whole career anyway by the looks of it. They signed De Gea 3 years before he played an international, and that worked out alright.
Because it’s just my opinion , he is a decent player , looked a bit shakey for the U21’s recently and just think it’s a bit too much money for someone very much unproven over a consistent period. And well done on picking one signing that worked out - how many haven’t 🙄

Pin-seeker

Visit site

You really are goodbye Phil,talking about people being offended 😂😂😂🤣🤣

It’s the way that you find a negative when other teams make signings,haven’t played in the Prem,other players must be leaving.....

Yet when Liverpool are linked with players they’re world beaters & none of your players will ever be leaving 😳🙈

D

Deleted member 15344

I see Liverpool have signed a non-international. What a waste of a few quid.

Yep £1.5 mil rising to £4mil 🙄 such a big waste and huge fee in this day and age 🙄

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Because it’s just my opinion , he is a decent player , looked a bit shakey for the U21’s recently and just think it’s a bit too much money for someone very much unproven over a consistent period. And well done on picking one signing that worked out - how many haven’t 🙄
Unproven? I think being Premier League quality is actually a higher accolade than being international quality these days, and he was solid for Palace for the entirety of last season.

Tackles per game, he was 3rd in the entire Premier League. The two above him both centre mids, so he was the top defender.
Interceptions per game, 7th in the Premier League.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

You really are goodbye Phil,talking about people being offended 😂😂😂🤣🤣

It’s the way that you find a negative when other teams make signings,haven’t played in the Prem,other players must be leaving.....

Yet when Liverpool are linked with players they’re world beaters & none of your players will ever be leaving 😳🙈

......................... and that was my point, I just couldn't be bothered to write it all down.
Pin-seeker put it very well, Phil, you just have to find a negative, sometimes subtly, sometimes blatantly, for virtually everything that's not Liverpool.
First quoted post, positive regarding Spurs and then negatives towards Spurs, City and United.
Very predictable.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
......................... and that was my point, I just couldn't be bothered to write it all down.
Pin-seeker put it very well, Phil, you just have to find a negative, sometimes subtly, sometimes blatantly, for virtually everything that's not Liverpool.
First quoted post, positive regarding Spurs and then negatives towards Spurs, City and United.
Very predictable.
He even found a negative about spurs making a good signing,it means someone is leaving.

Suggest that about Liverpool & no way is anybody leaving,they’re strengthening the squad 🤷‍♂️

D

Deleted member 15344

Very predictable.

I think you are looking for something that isn’t there - if it’s got to the stage that people are going to react just because someone rates someone else over another player then what’s the point

Read the post again and show me where I have been that critical about a player that it justifies the overreaction ?

I haven’t said Wan Bissaka is a bad player , or Rodri is a bad player , haven’t said that they are bad signings etc etc

I see one player as a better value signing than another and see one player has a better player than another - that’s all , simple as that. Think it’s just a case of people reacting to who is making the post as opposed to the content of the post.