Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

sunshine

Visit site
Cheers

It is just that, to my memory, I don't remember any European games having a goal ruled out by a minor accidental handball. Perhaps it has just been a coincidence that it has not arisen in any game I have watched, although it seems fairly regular in Premier League.

Sissoko in the champions league last season?

sunshine

Visit site
What happened to the 6 second rule for goalkeepers? Refs seem to have completely forgotten / chosen to ignore this rule.

In the Championship I've seen keepers regularly holding on to the ball for 12+ seconds.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What happened to the 6 second rule for goalkeepers? Refs seem to have completely forgotten / chosen to ignore this rule.

In the Championship I've seen keepers regularly holding on to the ball for 12+ seconds.
We discussed that in here once before. I was surprised to learn the law does still exists, but referees always show leniency on it.

http://www.goalkeeperhq.com/dont-abuse-the-leniency-of-the-6-second-rule/

"Almost all associations agree that the rule was not meant to be strictly reinforced, and as long as the referee deems that the goalkeeper is making a sincere effort to release the ball, there is no need to strictly enforce the 6 second rule." I'm not sure where they got that information from, but it does reflect what we usually see in football.

Swango1980

Visit site
We discussed that in here once before. I was surprised to learn the law does still exists, but referees always show leniency on it.

http://www.goalkeeperhq.com/dont-abuse-the-leniency-of-the-6-second-rule/

"Almost all associations agree that the rule was not meant to be strictly reinforced, and as long as the referee deems that the goalkeeper is making a sincere effort to release the ball, there is no need to strictly enforce the 6 second rule." I'm not sure where they got that information from, but it does reflect what we usually see in football.
Is this how some members view the 3-minute rule when searching for their golf ball?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I don't get this song. I know United used to sing it when you were struggling in 2008 but why bring it back about yourselves? You're in no danger of relegation and don't have a billion in the bank......more like 800 billion in a portfolio of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority :ROFLMAO:

it is down to the City fans Humour. Obviously we are a liddle club thatS gonna get relegated Again. The song is acknowledging we have money and don’t really care what other fans think. And when we do get relegated we will have a Billion in the bank.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
it is down to the City fans Humour. Obviously we are a liddle club thatS gonna get relegated Again. The song is acknowledging we have money and don’t really care what other fans think. And when we do get relegated we will have a Billion in the bank.
If the games have to be played without any fans in the ground because of the virus .
Will the City players notice any difference?:ROFLMAO:
Asking for a friend.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Totally agree on this. Rudiger accused Spurs fans of racism a few months back. It was investigated and no evidence offered yet he still had the cheek to say he was right. The media were too scared to accuse him of making false/incorrect allegations up, so it was brushed under the carpet. As a result the damage was done to Spurs fans and then when they booed him the other week in response, he had a pathetic moan and they got more bad publicity. Nothing was said about how he might've been mistaken, acted irresponsibly and accused without evidence.

I'm all for players and fans standing upto to racism but we're seeing a dangerous culture developing where the race card is played for any sort of thing players/fans don't like. Which devalues genuine issues of racism in society.

What a crock of shite.