Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You have to put in context the post I was answering, Phil was making it look like you had a period of troubles and languishing in mid-table, I disagreed based on the success on the pitch. Yes you had issues with owners.
You won far more in the previous 10yrs of FSG than you have since they took over.
I’m sure if there’s now a discussion on financial stability alone then yes FSG look to have done a great job(which I have already acknowledged)
My point is, what does the average man in the street want, trophies or money in the bank?
As for my sugar daddy v Sport, again I’ve stated the Sport alone is now fantasy and ffp is not working, therefore until we have the situation you described, good luck to those who may get or benefit from a said sugar daddy.

Good points on the trophies vs money in the bank argument, but to me their is a 3rd (and most important) factor which they have possibly outperformed everyone in - infrastructure.

Me and stuey have discussed this before and he wants everything putting into the transfer dealings, whereas I wanted Anfield to be expanded as a priority.

Not only are they expanding 2 out of four stands, which increases income, and profile, they have also invested in the future of the youth and team development with Melwood and Kirby all coming under one site for 50 million.

Thats even before more sponsorship, commercial opportunities, social media expansion (sadly important these days) and much more.

Okay, we've only won one trophy since 2012 and I get that that isnt good enough, but if we have a golden era ahead of us, it will be more than worth it.

Believe it or not, FFP does allow you to invest in the infrastructure of your club massively - stadium, training ground and more but only lets you massively invest in the team for a few years, which I do agree with them limitations, but with the massive expansion in transfer fees in the last few years, maybe they need to increase the limits more.

By the looks of it, and it was plainly obvious at the time, City have tried to circumvent the rules, and brazenly as well, so they deserve the current ban, and I think it is proportional, but we all know it will end up being 2 years (nett. 1).

Last edited: