Precision Golf

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
quick update, being careful not to detract from a 5 star review of Precision.

After a week of negotiations with Ping and AG, a new set of irons are being made today that I can hopefully collect on Saturday at no cost to me.
Precision have offered to fine tune the irons free of charge as well.

So delighted with the outcome

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

After a week of negotiations with Ping and AG, a new set of irons are being made today that I can hopefully collect on Saturday at no cost to me.

Brilliant outcome

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Absolutely top notch outcome!

Ping have a reputation for great customer service, so i would have expected nothing less!

Precision have performed to the same 'above and beyond' level I've always experienced from them!

Hopefully, the outcome will be a brilliantly matched set that's perfect for you!

The bad news is that you'll have no excuse for poor performance anymore!! :rolleyes: :whistle:

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Any comeback for AG? Are you going to / have you complained to them??

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Any comeback for AG? Are you going to / have you complained to them??
Ping made the initial contact with AG
my reasoning for only contacting Ping was I knew the swing weight issue sat with Ping, wrong length and loft could have been down to either.

Ultimately both ping and ag have fixed everything between them at no cost to me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ping made the initial contact with AG
my reasoning for only contacting Ping was I knew the swing weight issue sat with Ping, wrong length and loft could have been down to either.

Ultimately both ping and ag have fixed everything between them at no cost to me.

Put it down to experience and I'd let Ping and AG sort any issues out themselves. You have new clubs that should be ideal for you to burn it up this year

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Put it down to experience and I'd let Ping and AG sort any issues out themselves. You have new clubs that should be ideal for you to burn it up this year

Exactly mate.

AG emailed me yesterday, told me to bring the 3 stretch back that I didn’t order ( said I didn’t want it replaced as purchased a G400 hybrid in the mean time) they are basically giving me the cost back in store credit.

So so to be fair to both Ping and AG they have both sorted me out, how they got their doesn’t matter to me, just that they did without it getting silly.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just been to Precision (yesterday) myself. Have just retired and am treating myself to a whole new 'bagfull'. The idea was end up with a set of clubs as best suited to me as they could be - then leaving me to sort out the minor detail of how to hit a ball properly

As per Jobr1850, have to say the experience was great - l also saw the same guy called Mark. The attention to detail at this kind of fitting is astounding. The best bit was in them explaining what all the 'numbers' meant (eg l previously had no real idea on how lie angle affected ball trajectory), and how they indicated the 'faults' which were down to me (eg my swing path & angle of attack) , and what issues might be aided by customising the clubs (eg my existing shafts are apparently way too heavy for me).

Tried several head & shaft combinations till we found one that seemed right - and l found it amazing that the ones that felt best during the swing, produced the best ball flight, and the best numbers on Trackman. Perhaps I shouldn't have surprised, but l was. But the new combination gives me an extra 20 yards carry (6 iron) over my old set. Ok, a good dollop of that is down to the stronger loft, but the right head & shaft plays a good part of it. The new combination allowed me to improve (not solve) my issues as regards things like swing path and angle of attack - only lessons & practice will be a cure - and we managed to get an improvement in smash factor from about 1.35 with old to about 1.50 with new

Spent about hour & threequarters sorting out my irons then spent about the same again on fairway woods, hybrids and wedges. My total lack of confidence with a driver made him suggest we leave that for now.

All in all a fascinating afternoon - after which I parted company with a shed-load of money for my new kit:). Only downside is that l now have to wait about three weeks to get my hands on it...

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Excellent, glad you enjoyed it.

What clubs did you go for?

Went in with the intention of getting either Titleist AP3's or Mizuno JPX900'S . Ended up choosing between AP1's or Ping G400's and finally settled on the Ping. The numbers were just so much better - as was the feel of them in the hand.

sjn

Visit site
Anyone been to the above in West Byfleet?

Any first hand reviews?

Booked a full bag fit for early Jan.
Had my Pings fitted at AG six months ago, but more knowledge now and am not convinced on something’s.
so want them checked out, see if they recommend any changes in the short term.

Then ideally improve through 2018 and possibly pop back for another review and see if there’s better options out there than what I have currently.
I used them a few years back for driver fitting. Not impressed as they recommended a shaft I hadnt actually hit with ! Anyway , I wouldn't buy a driver now without hitting outdoors using proper (not range ) balls because (a) I want to see the ball flight ,and (b) I'm not convinced the swing I make hitting into a net is the same as out in the open. I bought mine from Worplesdon golf club for that reason

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a really fun day. Genuinely glad you enjoyed it and, again, genuinely hope you enjoy and get loads of fun out of the new sticks. However (you could see this coming lol), your points below are very common amongst those who talk about custom fitting, and it just doesn't make sense to me....

The idea was end up with a set of clubs as best suited to me as they could be - then leaving me to sort out the minor detail of how to hit a ball properly

In order to 'hit a ball properly', you'll no doubt need to make a change to either, or a combination of grip, stance, alignment, AoA, path, face, speed, weight shift and 1000 other variables. After you've done so, are you not worried that your clubs will no longer be best suited to you?

Tried several head & shaft combinations till we found one that seemed right - and l found it amazing that the ones that felt best during the swing, produced the best ball flight, and the best numbers on Trackman.

Interesting. This is what Mark Crossfield and others are now buying into- that it's actuall 'feel' that should dictate what shaft/club you opt for.

the new combination gives me an extra 20 yards carry (6 iron) over my old set. Ok, a good dollop of that is down to the stronger loft, but the right head & shaft plays a good part of it.

The researcher bit of my brain wants to quantify what 'a good part' means. For me, if you lower my loft by two clubs, it's going to go two clubs longer. The shaft and head bit seems to get lost.

The new combination allowed me to improve (not solve) my issues as regards things like swing path and angle of attack

How does a shaft improve path and AoA? This makes absolutely no sense to me, and there is absolutely no research out there which provides statistically significant data which indicates that shaft can change path.

only lessons & practice will be a cure

Exactly. It can't be both.

Again, to bookend this post, I really hope you don't think I'm 'jumping' on your post. It's great that you've enjoyed the session and undoubtedly learned a lot about the golf swing, as well as picking up some lovely, shiny new toys- that's all good. I have been quite critical of custom fitting for a while, and at times I got the sense that you were getting 'sold' that equipment can significantly change your swing (comments about path and shaft, carry etc), but also encouraged that you also recognise that the main difference will be lessons, practice and your willingness to work hard. There are some who are reluctant to place as much emphasis on this as you have.