Precision Golf

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone been to the above in West Byfleet?

Any first hand reviews?

Booked a full bag fit for early Jan.
Had my Pings fitted at AG six months ago, but more knowledge now and am not convinced on something’s.
so want them checked out, see if they recommend any changes in the short term.

Then ideally improve through 2018 and possibly pop back for another review and see if there’s better options out there than what I have currently.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Anyone been to the above in West Byfleet?

Any first hand reviews?

Booked a full bag fit for early Jan.
Had my Pings fitted at AG six months ago, but more knowledge now and am not convinced on something’s.
so want them checked out, see if they recommend any changes in the short term.

Then ideally improve through 2018 and possibly pop back for another review and see if there’s better options out there than what I have currently.

Yes, I had driver and hybrids fitted last year and irons the year before. Would have no issues recommending them. Loads of shafts to choose from and plenty of choice with regards the equipment. Found that they didn’t push specific brands on you and there was no pressure to buy at the end of the fitting.

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
I’d heard some not so good reviews so I decided to go to golf principles in Basingstoke for a full backfitting. There is a thread on here golf principles it’s worth a read .
Very similar set up lots of aftermarket shafts to try very happy with the result

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’d heard some not so good reviews so I decided to go to golf principles in Basingstoke for a full backfitting. There is a thread on here golf principles it’s worth a read .
Very similar set up lots of aftermarket shafts to try very happy with the result

Bit of a worry then, I had only seen good reviews.
Hopefully its not a waste.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I believe there are 4 'top of the range' fitting centres in UK, though I know of a couple of others that are either very well thought of or have been great for some - including one that a 'mate' ran, while studying for a PhD and another where both the size and personality of the (ex-Tour) fitter was part of the 'experience' - though, unlike the others, I still have a club he built!

Precision was, I believe, the first of these, starting in Thorpe and now at Byfleet. Golf Principles in Basingstoke, TourX in Wigan and Scott Gourlay in Edinburgh are the others that seem to have the 'best' reputations.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I believe there are 4 'top of the range' fitting centres in UK, though I know of a couple of others that are either very well thought of or have been great for some - including one that a 'mate' ran, while studying for a PhD and another where both the size and personality of the (ex-Tour) fitter was part of the 'experience' - though, unlike the others, I still have a club he built!

Precision was, I believe, the first of these, starting in Thorpe and now at Byfleet. Golf Principles in Basingstoke, TourX in Wigan and Scott Gourlay in Edinburgh are the others that seem to have the 'best' reputations.

Brilliant, thanks very much

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Did you see Henry, red headed chap who is on the forum ? Heard nothing but good reviews of Golf Principles.

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have used both precision golf and golf principles, I had a much better experience at golf principles. Got fit by the owner there vs '1 of the guys' at Precision. Makes an awful big difference. Setup and equipment is great at both, it's the quality and experience of the human fitter that makes the difference

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had my full bag fit today.
Done by a staff member “Mark” ex Callaway.

Its expensive at £250 but the process lasted just short of four hours.

I was was blown away by the attention to detail and would have no issue in highly recommending them.

Thats the good bit.

The bad bit. But no reflection on Precision.

Initially they thought my irons purchased from AG new a few months back may have been counterfeit and extended shafts.
They removed a grip to check the shaft, and emailed Ping straight away.
Transpires they are legit but;
The irons are not what I ordered set up wise.
some clubs are beyond baffling as outside massively of Ping tolerances.
My 3 wood isn’t what it is supposed to be.

so end result.

Driver
fairway 5
both adjusted and now vastly improved.
No extra cost

Got a recommendation to change my hybrid and 3 wedges

irons are completely not suitable.
They have contacted Ping on my behalf this afternoon with the facts and see what they say.

Ultimately I need the irons sorting, hoping not at my cost but we shall see.

To finish on a positive, I feel I got great value for money and tried lots of different options out and found some real gains, it’s just waiting to see now how it gets progressed.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What made them suspicious to start with? What do they think Ping will do? If nothing would you have a right to go back to AG?

The grips didn’t look right, slight bulge at the top - thought was the shaft had been lengthened.
Then when they checked every club the lengths, swing weights etc were out of Pings tolerances.

Ultimately the main main issues are with AG.

Some ( lesser issues) are Pings, not every club but 2 or 3 are way off what was expected.

I think the the thought process is Ping don’t want an unhappy customer, so that’s why Precision have mailed them.

i wrote a letter this afternoon to Precision out lining the time frame of events, details of conversations etc.
This has apparently been forwarded to Ping.

precision seem to think they may get a response relatively quickly.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The grips didn’t look right, slight bulge at the top - thought was the shaft had been lengthened.
Then when they checked every club the lengths, swing weights etc were out of Pings tolerances.

Some ( lesser issues) are Pings, not every club but 2 or 3 are way off what was expected.

I think the the thought process is Ping don’t want an unhappy customer, so that’s why Precision have mailed them.

i wrote a letter this afternoon to Precision out lining the time frame of events, details of conversations etc.

Good luck with it. Ping are usually pretty good at responding, and hopefully will take the information on board especially coming from such a reputable fitter

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

That is worrying!

I have had an issue with 2 Ping drivers recently and their customer service was excellent. Quick response and all sorted brilliantly. Hopefully you get it sorted nice and quickly