Pre-round warm up / routine

TigerBear

Visit site
My course doesnt have practice nets etc near the tee.. it has a range but that's a small drive away (litterally can't walk it) and the range is always rammed as it's one of only 2 local ranges

So have become a roll up and hit kind of guy now

My golf has actually somehow improved lol no idea how

I think it's due to fact that every lockdown the club's go away forgotten about .. and when I come back im like how do I swing the club and all I then remember is how my pro taught me to hit rather than how I used to hit .. not saying I hit every shot perfect but for example my driving has gone from a slice to a draw and from 200 best to 220 average with a few 260s every round

No practice nets? That's disappointing for any modern day club to not have something so basic!

I meant to add that to my routine, I don't over do it but always hit a few 8i and 5i before I hit the chipping and putting greens.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No practice nets? That's disappointing for any modern day club to not have something so basic!

I meant to add that to my routine, I don't over do it but always hit a few 8i and 5i before I hit the chipping and putting greens.

I was speaking to the GM about it in passing

We currently have a bowls green which hasn't really been used , once buisness picks back up with the food side again they are considering turning it into chipping green with nets aswell

Still building the final 9 of the 27 Aswell

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Is this a comp or a social round? Big difference :)

Knock with mates, my only warmups are a quick putt to get the feel of pace, and a few stretches to make sure the back will actually turn on that first swing.

Comp, I will stop at a range that I drive past anyway to hit a warmup bucket, might hit a few in the nets on arrival to the club, chipping area, putting green, stretches. It doesn't usually make a blind bit of difference to the score but it feels like it should :ROFLMAO:

AliMc

Visit site
Me too, two or three swishes with the driver, tee it up and hit it down the fairway, very rarely fails !
Cut it fine today, got to the first tee 5 minutes early but one of my partners already had his ball teed up ready to go, still had to get a glove, ball etc, just had the one practice swing and hit it down the fairway, shot 3 over, seems to work ok?

TigerBear

Visit site
I was speaking to the GM about it in passing

We currently have a bowls green which hasn't really been used , once buisness picks back up with the food side again they are considering turning it into chipping green with nets aswell

Still building the final 9 of the 27 Aswell

That would be ideal(y)

Pre-round routine complete!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Roll a fag as I pull up at the club, spark up and smoke that while getting my gear out of the car and setting up.
One foot on the bumper, fart, and put shoes on.
Roll another fag and smoke that while wandering over to the pro shop.
Stand around 1st tee, taking the mickey out of people coming up the 18th.
Roll another fag, and spark up.
Step on tee, couple of swishes and then away we go.
If I can throw in a couple more farts for good measure, I will. Hopefully they are not too wet, or I'll be walking funny.

Mandofred

Visit site
Playing early in the morning...6:50? It's the first of what the course calls "the majors". The course has a hitting net, but I don't really like to take more than a few swings in a net....just can't tell anything about the ball flight. My new course has a net, but also a short (up to 90yds) grassy area to hit in....I'll be there about 6 (that's AM....as in early...even for me) to hit in that area for 10-15 minutes running through my wedges. Nothing like SEEING what the ball is doing. Then go and putt for 10-15 minutes....working on left hand firm, right hand light......which works when I remember to do it.

At home before leaving. 2 cans of diet Coke.....and then another in the car on the way. Also will do a few sit-ups/push-ups (I'm really wimping out these days....it really is a few). Dumbbells in garage that I go through a quick routine with...I want my arms and legs to have some blood in them.....the old distance runner in me I guess.

Make sure I have another 2 cans of diet Coke in my plastic bottle in the bag....plenty of small candy bars......

Stupid thing is.....the best score I've shot in the last gazillion years (level par).....I just walked up and went to it.......the world doesn't make sense.

Sunscreen? Bug repellent? Almost time for those bastard black biting flies to come out.....hate those things.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Early tee off time = bacon sandwich and a pot of tea. Few swishes and away.
Afternoon tee time = full English and a pint or two of Guinness. Few swishes and away.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Playing early in the morning...6:50? It's the first of what the course calls "the majors". The course has a hitting net, but I don't really like to take more than a few swings in a net....just can't tell anything about the ball flight. My new course has a net, but also a short (up to 90yds) grassy area to hit in....I'll be there about 6 (that's AM....as in early...even for me) to hit in that area for 10-15 minutes running through my wedges. Nothing like SEEING what the ball is doing. Then go and putt for 10-15 minutes....working on left hand firm, right hand light......which works when I remember to do it.

At home before leaving. 2 cans of diet Coke.....and then another in the car on the way. Also will do a few sit-ups/push-ups (I'm really wimping out these days....it really is a few). Dumbbells in garage that I go through a quick routine with...I want my arms and legs to have some blood in them.....the old distance runner in me I guess.

Make sure I have another 2 cans of diet Coke in my plastic bottle in the bag....plenty of small candy bars......

Stupid thing is.....the best score I've shot in the last gazillion years (level par).....I just walked up and went to it.......the world doesn't make sense.

Sunscreen? Bug repellent? Almost time for those bastard black biting flies to come out.....hate those things.
That's a lot of Diet Coke

Mandofred

Visit site
That's a lot of Diet Coke
Yeah.....hate to think what it's doing to my innards......I'd like to say that's all I had during the day....You would think I would at least get a pick-up from the caffeine, but nope. Kind of like a smoker.....I just like sticking another one in my hand and knocking it back.

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Not mine but I'm sorely tempted. Arrive 30 mins before tee time, whilst sitting in the car have a coffee, a couple of fags and pick out some horses. Walk to tee.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i didn't do anything other than have my heated seat on for the drive over. start of last year i went to some golf spec stretching coaching to improve flexibility mostly upper body turn. try and do these before i leave and then on the first tee waiting to go, its improved my game, esp now the 1st hole is much harder.

I’d be interested to hear more on this. Over recent years I feel I’ve lost a but of rotation so definitely keen to explore if you have any info?

An old PP had yoga lessons which he swears helped his rotation and core recoils.

Mandofred

Visit site
And what did my warm-up do for me today? Absolute poop. At least I got a 2 and since it was a comp I'll get some money out of it. Figured out what I was doing wrong on the LAST HOLE.......again. Why does that always happen? Handicap heading up fast since that will knock another low score off the 20.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Warm ups aren't an indication of performance. The purpose is to get your joints/muscles ready and to prevent injury. Swinging the club is an explosive movement, relying on strength, stability and flexibility. Hardly a recipe for a wobbly, inflexible body that's not used to relying on its own physical ability.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
And what did my warm-up do for me today? Absolute poop. At least I got a 2 and since it was a comp I'll get some money out of it. Figured out what I was doing wrong on the LAST HOLE.......again. Why does that always happen? Handicap heading up fast since that will knock another low score off the 20.

Because there are no more holes left to put your theory to the test and find out you were wrong and it was something else after all, and you're still doing it wrong.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
About 20 balls at the range.
Then I'll have a coffee and a smoke whilst watching my PPs chipping and putting.
I can't do that, it just mentally destroys me.
Onto the 1st tee, hopefully mash one down there and then laugh for the nest few hours ....................... perfect!