Practice putting indoors

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't believe it's a waste of time.
Try and find a surface that matches the speed of the greens you normally play on and just practice hitting the spot you aim for.
There's no point at being brilliant at reading putts if you then cant hit the line you've chosen.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a failry flat carpet in my hallway which is approx 20ft long, I put a coin down and just practice the line, theres a little borrow at 1 point but I am just practising my technique more than anything (with my v-easy now I no longer use my belly putter :) )

T

thecraw

I don't believe it's a waste of time.
Try and find a surface that matches the speed of the greens you normally play on and just practice hitting the spot you aim for.
There's no point at being brilliant at reading putts if you then cant hit the line you've chosen.

Bob,

Can you please point me in the right direction, I'm looking for a bit of carpet thats damp, cored and covered in heel marks with the odd plug mark as well. Thats probably about right for our greens at present.

cheers.

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bob,

Can you please point me in the right direction, I'm looking for a bit of carpet thats damp, cored and covered in heel marks with the odd plug mark as well. Thats probably about right for our greens at present.

cheers.

LOL! I am looking for the same carpet but can only find it in green so its not very realistic for around here. If anyone finds one in muddy brown, please let me know. The odd oil stain would also help!

But yes - i practice on the carpet, using the v easy and simply putting up a slope or aginst the fire place so the ball returns to me. THerefore, the essence is on the stroke (path & rythm) and not on the outcome (did it go in?).