Powakaddy front wheel removal

paulrwebster

Visit site
I need to remove the front wheel on my Powakaddy FX3 to replace the bearings which have disintegrated. I have removed the nut from the end of the bolt that runs through the middle of the wheel, and assume that I have to knock it through the wheel with a hammer, but it won't move. Am I missing a step? Do I need to remove the plastic casing around the assembly?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the bearing has disintegrated that is probably where the problems lie.

the following is said without accepting responsibility for any damage
use a bigger hammer.

Does the bolt have any sort of retaining c clip washer?

Seriously, some gentle tapping and turning the wheel may free up any of the old bearing that might be causing the problem.

Clackers

Visit site
I need to remove the front wheel on my Powakaddy FX3 to replace the bearings which have disintegrated. I have removed the nut from the end of the bolt that runs through the middle of the wheel, and assume that I have to knock it through the wheel with a hammer, but it won't move. Am I missing a step? Do I need to remove the plastic casing around the assembly?
Paul,

Did you figure out how to remove the wheel. I have the same issue with the bearings having disintegrated but they have not made it simple to remove the wheel and replace. Cannot seem to find any manual video etc on the web.

paulrwebster

Visit site
No, I couldn't do it. I think that the axle bolt is totally rusted in place as a friend told me that when his bearings disintegrated, it all just came apart easily. I had to buy a complete new front wheel assembly from Ebay.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I replaced the front wheel bearings in my C2 a couple of months ago and struggled getting the bolt out when it noticed it didn't 'knock through' as one of the holes wasn't round which stops the bolt spinning, anyway I eventually removed the front wheel by prising the two sides apart just enough for the bolt to pop out of one side then the other.

paulrwebster

Visit site
I have now managed to remove my front wheel by taking the plastic frame apart. I had to remove 2 bolts and 2 screws (hidden away down holes). I also had to remove the nut from one end of the axle and the front wheel lever from the other end of the axle (held on with another bolt). Then the frame came apart.