Powacaddy buyers beware

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've had GoKart, Motocaddy and Powakaddy trollies, in that order. They've all done the job, and no major issues with any of them. My GoKart did have a nasty frame fracture after I let it freewheel down a slope and it came to a smashing stop as the front wheel hit a dip in the ground. Entirely my fault, but something I'd done many many times before in the same part of the course. Credit to GoKart service as they repaired FOC out of warranty for me.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the GoKart shape either, I haven't seen any problems with function over form. For me, I'd stay with the metal frame.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I bought tricky Trev’s remote Motocaddy. It’s cost me about £400 in repairs. It’s running as sweet as a nut now. But when I took it to the official Motocaddy repair guy his garage was rammed with trolleys. You name it they were in there. Having spoke to the repair guys dad. He told me “ the more complicated they get, the more they break”. Keep it simple was his advice.
Tricky Trev bought a Stewart follow trolley. He is gutted he paid £2K for a trolley that is cheap plastic and has broke on him twice. It is just not sturdy enough.
Another PP has a Motocaddy with a built in yardage. It is 20 yards out minimum. That’s if the screen does not go blank.He has took it back to the club pro who he bought it off numerous times, the pro has nigh on fobbed him off.

TigerBear

Visit site
A heap of overpriced junk. Is what one friend described his PK.

I know quite a lot of folk who have plumped for the FX3 or CT6 and since regretted it.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So you prefer form over function???

Yup, the same reason I drive the car o do to the shops instead of a 25 year old Ford Fiesta, both do the job equally.

I’ve got no probs with function or brand snobbery, but to me the goKarts just look cheap even compared to druids own brand

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
And they're too noisy and tip over on hilly courses
The new ones have a much quieter motor. I can only say my course is hilly and I've not really had any issues as long as I park it sensibly.
10+ years old and still going strong. I like the fact it's plastic as that makes it more robust and can't rust.
To me I like the fact it looks different. Most other golf trollies are just variations on the same theme.

Last edited:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
As per link recommendation on page one I suspect there’s a spare company out there that can supply. Everything is fairly easy to replace on trollies.