Poulter at the BMW PGA

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah fair play for being fun. I like him he doesn’t really do anything that I dislike. I think though that this year his win was out the blue so he’s sorted, unexpectedly, for a while so can enjoy being in a much better position than he imagined he would of been.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like Poulter, despite him being a Gooner - LOL! The guy has character and he certainly has grit.
Oh, and the fact that I made a nice tidy sum off the back of his win in the Houston Open!
He's got to be on the RC team.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He used to get my back up, for a long list of reasons. But...

Since he fought back from being close to losing his card, I've found a certain respect for him. Never going to be at the top table, but a lot would have fallen away in his situation.

Fair play.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pro golf needs characters and he is certainly one. He wears his heart on his sleeve and that always makes for excitement and interest. I really like the guy.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Absolutely love Poults! I've had the pleasure of meeting him and talking to him twice. Proper down to earth guy who came from a background where he had to work hard to get to where he is. I have a lot of respect for him because of that and the passion he shows for the game.

The vid of him racing the kid was great to see. Shows they are all human and also the reaction to his duffed pitch yesterday. We can all relate to how he must have felt after that shot!

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I am also a fan ever since I read his biography, certainly does not come from the the normal mould of players, but I very much admire his fighting spirit to get were is today and the way he plays on the course

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Used to detest him, now I have nothing but admiration and respect for him. Brilliant attitude and deserves all he has earned in the game.

D

Deleted member 15344

He has always been superb , brilliant attitude to the game , works very hard , had to work his way up and he has been very successful- hopefully he keeps the form going into the Ryder Cup - don’t think there is any doubt he will be in the team

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve never really disliked Poults and like wise I have never been a massive fan.

I’ve found him to be a good lad most of the time and was really chuffed about the success he has enjoyed this year.

However.

Please don’t anyone take this as s personal insult. It not intended to be a dig.

Mostly based on some stuff I saw on Twitter. Plus some bits on here that are not limited to poults.

I can’t help find it strange that people who have disliked him quite severely, calling him all sorts of ludicrous things, are now back tracking because he’s had a wee laugh with a wee boy. I mean eh??

I think it’s great that he made the boys day. However it’s hardly a reason for people to now proclaim he’s a diamond geezer when he once was a big headed show off.

I suppose it just shows the fickleness of some of the population, when people’s perception of a person can swing wildly for what are essentially minor acts.

Brags about having a decent car = the blokes an utter, utter cretin. Oh I hate the billy big b*ollocks

Plays with a young spectator = oh gush, I’ve had the bloke wrong and now he’s literally melted my heart with his wonderous human touch.

Strange bunch are us users of social media.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I disliked him due to what I thought was an arrogance. However I believe that his ultra confident persona was mistaken as arrogance or certainly misinterpreted as arrogance by me and many others, especially when he first came on to tour.

My opinion has not changed due to a video of him interacting with a kid.