Pop up practice nets

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
With any of these nets there will always be horror stories of balls breaking through or people missing it all together but I’ve got some callaway song type balls that are just awesome and would be perfect for it. they would take away the wondering if it was sturdy enough.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I got a cheap one during lockdown. Hit a drive straight through it. Wouldn't recommend.

eddie_1878

Visit site
They’re garbage. I ended up buying a heavy duty multi use net that could take a full swing strike, however you miss it with a shank or sky shot and it’s going towards a neighbours house/car.

I wouldn’t hit a ball in the garden again personally! I found having to restrict my swing in order to avoid the above hurt my game.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
They’re garbage. I ended up buying a heavy duty multi use net that could take a full swing strike, however you miss it with a shank or sky shot and it’s going towards a neighbours house/car.

I wouldn’t hit a ball in the garden again personally! I found having to restrict my swing in order to avoid the above hurt my game.
I bought https://www.networldsports.co.uk/portable-garden-golf-net-7ft-x-7ft.html and it’s fine in the garden, no concerns about missing it, hit both irons and drivers into it no problem.

my mate bought a pop up net, missed it a few times and will be getting the same as me for next Spring/Summer..

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bought a Colin Montgomery one on Amazon. Was fine until one day I hit a drive and it went through to neighbours gardens. Stopped after that. However, I guess if one can put an extra layer of archery netting around it would actually work fine.

Miller

Visit site
I bought an Amazon Basics hitting net. It's pretty good quality for what it is and hasn't broken yet.

I have, however, managed to miss it more than a few times (well actually more than many times) and sliced into neighbours gardens. A golf ball flying at 50ph+ isn't a great thing for neighbours to appreciate. I've moved to foam practice balls, but of course you don't get anywhere near the same kind of feedback.

Miller

Visit site
Bought a Colin Montgomery one on Amazon. Was fine until one day I hit a drive and it went through to neighbours gardens. Stopped after that. However, I guess if one can put an extra layer of archery netting around it would actually work fine.

Or hang an old blanket up with a couple of pegs.

Coreservers

Visit site
I use one with practice balls, im not a confident player, and it does let you work on drives, but i only use the lightweight rubber practice balls. it does increase confidence and let you swing full force tho.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had a couple of these over the years.... they have a very short shelf life, particularly if you don't take them up and down everytime - they don't weather well and wind strains the seams / material.