Poll: How many majors does Rory win in 2022?

Poll: How many majors does Rory win in 2022?

Votes: 20 16.1%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 101 81.5%

• Total voters

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I honestly think his best is still good enough to beat any field, but at the moment at least it doesn’t surface for 18 holes at a time, let alone 72. Also, he doesn’t seem to be able to turn a 74 into a 70 when he doesn’t have it like a lot of the greats have been able to do.

He seems to make as many birdies as most but makes far too many bogeys from inside 150 on the fairway. It must frustrate the heck out of him and I hope he sorts it soon because he is one of the few players that I go out of my way to watch.
Sums him up perfectly. Plenty that will grind a +1 and then get better but he'll let a 71 be a 74 and can't come back

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
it must be me, but them stats tell me exactly why he will not win another Major.

4th best off the tee, yet 54th for approach. 54th?. I would sooner be 54th off the tee and 4th for approach.

I think if ever there was a candidate for drive for show etc. these stats show that.

It’s interesting that he’s trending in the right direction from a SG perspective 5th best in last 3 months

Rahm Thomas Sheffler and Smith ahead of him

Springveldt

Visit site
it must be me, but them stats tell me exactly why he will not win another Major.

4th best off the tee, yet 54th for approach. 54th?. I would sooner be 54th off the tee and 4th for approach.

I think if ever there was a candidate for drive for show etc. these stats show that.
Well Mark Brodie does say that Strokes Gained Approach is the biggest differentiator with the pro’s, that’s why Tiger was so dominant. The more chances you give yourself the better.

I only caught the end of Rory’s round last night and the commentator mentioned that he hadn’t hit any approach within 14 feet and he was on the 16th at the time. You can’t win if you don’t give yourself birdie chances.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Doesn't win any for me - don't think he's been able to get his head in the right place for a good few years, and I'm not sure he's got the self confidence to take any event with the attitude of "I'm going to win this one" - which is even more diifcult when it's a major.