Poll: How many majors does Rory win in 2022?

Poll: How many majors does Rory win in 2022?

Votes: 20 16.1%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 101 81.5%

• Total voters

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
For an online piece can you vote and show your workings.

I don't know enough about Southern Hills to fancy him there and we all know far too much about Rory and Augusta to suggest that will happen. So I'll go with one, at St Andrews to round off the major year in style. As amazing as Hoylake was it would be fantastic to add him to the Old Course winners. His record there is pretty nuts, other than that wonky one in 2010 and he obviously missed the last one there. He's not exactly struggling at life but I would love something really special to happen to him on the major stage.
Thanks

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
None.

Of course he has a chance, but if workings are required, of the options you give, the most likely (probable) answer is none. His best mathematical chance is the Masters, but taking into account past performances, current ranking, other current and emerging players, it makes it very unlikely. Of the others, factoring in potential weather, possible form, other players, etc. the PGA is again the most likely one to contend at. But, as much as it pains me, I don't see it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly, I'm with @IanM on this. His best is no longer better than everyone else, he falters too often on day 4, if he hasn't already blown up on day 1. He will still win PGA comps, will still be up there in majors but I don't see him actually winning majors this season. I will be very happy to be proved wrong.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

babylonsinger

Visit site
None for me. Think he'll be in contention at the least for a couple but there seems to be a growing list of players who fancy their own chances at the majors these days. I also feel he puts a little too much emphasis on Augusta at the slight detriment of the others

sunshine

Visit site
Our expectations for him are maybe low but maybe that’s what he needs….to set out to prove us wrong…?

He's currently sitting in his palatial Florida mansion, reading the GM Forum, saying to himself: "I'll prove those posters wrong, this sunshine guy knows nothing!"

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
None. Doesn't seem capable of stringing four rounds together in the majors. I think at Augusta he'll always carry the scar tissue of that famous meltdown and the pressure of the home fans will be too much for the Open. I also think there are players like Morikawa who have raised the bar and moved the game on

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Will he? Who knows
Can he? Yes, of course.
He's won recently, he knows the courses and he's, allegedly, got his new Rory head on.
Hes not chasing anyone anymore and is just playing..
Admittedly he's got work to do and to win any Major you need to not only be playing well but you've gotmto have your slices of luck along the way.
I'm not a fan of these type of questions.....who wins more, how many will they win etc...too many variables and all anyone's doing is guessing.
I think he's capable but only time will tell.