Poll: How many majors does Rory win in 2022?

Poll: How many majors does Rory win in 2022?

Votes: 20 16.1%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 101 81.5%

• Total voters

TigerBear

Visit site
So much talent and up and coming young players in the field, I just can't see him doing it this year.

As much as I would love to see him win a major again and especially to be a major winner at the OC, I won't be betting on him. Hope I'm wrong!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
He's easily as capable as anyone else in the world top 20 (& he surely cant keep messing it up in the big events, eventually it'll come good over 4 rounds in a Major)

He must've tried every mental/tactical approach to Majors possible over the last 7 years (some of which have been the polar opposite to his previous tactical plans. Even a dud watch is right... :petc etc, so yes he'll get another but who knows if its this year, pure guesswork

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
32 year old with young family and 150 million in the bank.

Honestly cant comprehend why he isnt 100% fully focussed on grinding major's out...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
32 year old with young family and 150 million in the bank.

Honestly cant comprehend why he isnt 100% fully focussed on grinding major's out...

I wonder if that’s what happened. I'm sure he's trying his bum off every year, but...

He knows he can win a major (because he’s done it) but could it be that it all came so naturally to him for 2-3 years, he doesn’t quite know ‘how’ he did it
And maybe its that pursuit trying to recreate/replicate the glory Rory days that has him chasing different methods of approach to the Majors each year?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Hes in a limbo, hes done everything less a masters, Tiger (and jack before him) has set the recent records on a shelf so high he'll never see them. Hes beat everyone on tour.

Im clearly not blessed with the determination of a 99th percentile athlete, but I can see where the drive and ambition could slide compared to a prodigy in his early 20s....

phillarrow

Visit site
Can't see it myself, for the same reasons others have said about his talent being so natural at a young age and it being really hard to search for that again after going through a bad phase. In fact, the more he searches the worse he seems to get.

My gut feeling is that he'll win another, maybe multiple, but not for another few years.

Springveldt

Visit site
I pick him every year at Augusta, no different this year. With his big high draw you would think the course is perfect for him.

If I use my head then I don't think he will win any. His short game isn't good enough, he hits too many bad wedge shots and misses too many 4-6 footers. He also doesn't seem capable of holding it together for 4 days, there's always a stinker thrown in somewhere.

He'll be top 10 in a couple though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Big fat zero. Simply doesn't appear capable of stringing four consistent rounds together. Not just in majors but a lot of his events at the moment. Whether he's at that stage of his career where he has more money than he'll spend and a content family life or he's simply reaching his own plateau who knows. I just can't see him doing it

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think that if Rory was not a local lad we would not be having this conversation. He is capable of one stunning round in four and that is it. I hope I am wrong but I cannot see him winning one.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Just seen an interesting stat that since 2015, at Augusta, Rory is (in terms of SG);

4th for Off The Tee
16th for Putting
11th for Around the Green
54th for Approach

he’s absolutely still got it in his locker to win imo

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
We all know the pros and cons of Rory but, probably more than any other golfer, it's one rule for him and one for anyone else

His Masters record since blowing that Sunday in 2011 when he ended up T15 have been 40-25-8-4-10-7-5-21-5-MC

Even allowing for the fact that he's backed himself into a few top 10s there's so much there to suggest that he still has what it takes around there

D

Deleted member 1740

Just seen an interesting stat that since 2015, at Augusta, Rory is (in terms of SG);

4th for Off The Tee
16th for Putting
54th for Approach

Shame he's just missing the mental ability to cope with playing Augusta. Until he sorts his head out, he wont win a green jacket.

4LEX

Visit site
If Rory can start with a 70 and not something like woeful like he usually does in majors these days he'll have a chance.

He's lost his way and the hunger. He's become obsessed about distance and swing sopeed when he was already the best overall driver in the world. He needs to work on his game from 150 yards in. If he gets that right, he'll win everything. Unfortunately I don't think that'll happen for a good few years.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I honestly think his best is still good enough to beat any field, but at the moment at least it doesn’t surface for 18 holes at a time, let alone 72. Also, he doesn’t seem to be able to turn a 74 into a 70 when he doesn’t have it like a lot of the greats have been able to do.

He seems to make as many birdies as most but makes far too many bogeys from inside 150 on the fairway. It must frustrate the heck out of him and I hope he sorts it soon because he is one of the few players that I go out of my way to watch.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

4th for Off The Tee
16th for Putting
54th for Approach

it must be me, but them stats tell me exactly why he will not win another Major.

4th best off the tee, yet 54th for approach. 54th?. I would sooner be 54th off the tee and 4th for approach.

I think if ever there was a candidate for drive for show etc. these stats show that.

Jason.H

Visit site
He seems obsessed with hitting a high ball flight. Hits a lot of fairways off the tee but he really needs to get control of the ball with his irons like myself ?