Polarised golf glasses.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Morning all.

I should really have asked this back in spring ? however..

Any recommendations on good polarised sun glasses for on the course?

I play a lot early evenings during the summer months and there is about 3-4 holes that are a bloody nightmare for low sun which can (and will) completely blind you when playing tee to green.

This makes it a nightmare to see ball direction off the tee, even with a PP spotting for you. I’ve lost a good few balls this year due to zero idea where ball went and plenty more that have been impossible to find even in the first cut of rough.

I’ve been wearing my normal Raybans which have non polarised lenses. Conclusion is that these are brills for pub beer gardens, but cack on the course as thy lenses don’t help you see ball flight. They also slip around on my sweaty bonce during the hot days.

In the market for recommendations for the best lenses for golf.

Ideally though, I prefer traditional glasses (aviators, seafarer or Luke style) and i Would not be seen dead wearing wrap around, orange mirrored lensed, cyborg looking Monstrosity’s ?

They rank along side white belts on fat lads in terms of golf fashion faux pas ?

Any recommendations please?

Thank you.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Morning all.

I play a lot early evenings during the summer months and there is about 3-4 holes that are a bloody nightmare for low sun which can (and will) completely blind you when playing tee to green.

This makes it a nightmare to see ball direction off the tee, even with a PP spotting for you. I’ve lost a good few balls this year due to zero idea where ball went and plenty more that have been impossible to find even in the first cut of rough.

I’ve been wearing my normal Raybans which have non polarised lenses. Conclusion is that these are brills for pub beer gardens, but cack on the course as thy lenses don’t help you see ball flight. They also slip around on my sweaty bonce during the hot days.

Ideally though, I prefer traditional glasses (aviators, seafarer or Luke style) and i Would not be seen dead wearing wrap around, orange mirrored lensed, cyborg looking Monstrosity’s ?

They rank along side white belts on fat lads in terms of golf fashion faux pas ?

Thank you.

I wear my Ray-bans, but bought with polarised lenses as I just don’t see the point without

I found Aviators too heavy to golf in.

You can buy on there website. You can personalise the Justin classic with polarised lenses and different frame colours which is like the wayfarer but without the small horned rim.

I too couldn’t wear golf specific frames.

D

Deleted member 18588

They rank along side white belts on fat lads in terms of golf fashion faux pas

And therein lies your problem, sunglasses for golf are not a fashion accessory.

They are there to do a job.

Wraparound will, in my experience, give a more secure fit and greater protection from the sun as the lenses extend further round to assist your peripheral vision.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Another shout for Oakley (& I also prefer not to use wrap around for golf, although i wear a wrap style for driving)

Conductor 6
oakley-conductor-6-oo4106.jpg
other colours available

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another advantage with Oakley style glasses is the ‘rubber’ nose and earpieces make them much more secure on your head when you start swinging and looking down. Nothing more off putting than lining up a putt and then having to push your glasses up your nose ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another advantage with Oakley style glasses is the ‘rubber’ nose and earpieces make them much more secure on your head when you start swinging and looking down. Nothing more off putting than lining up a putt and then having to push your glasses up your nose ?
Forgot to add, my Oakley glasses are white frame with orange lenses and orange earpieces- I also wear a white belt and weigh 15 stones, oops!!!!

sunshine

Visit site
Oakleys all day (and evening).

I have wrap around style because it helps with hayfever, but they are great for your peripheral vision when you are standing over the ball.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought polarisation was for glare off water.
Is there a reason why you want this lens ?
Oakley Prism lenses are the best you can get .
Style to suit everyone but not cheap unless in the sale.

D

Deleted member 15344

Morning all.

Thank you.

https://www.function18.com/collecti...akley-half-jacket-2-0-xl-sunglasses-oo9154-49

https://www.function18.com/collections/sunglasses?scrollTo=1034

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Morning all.

Thank you.
Polarised lenses are not recommended - in fact recommended NOT polarised - for Golf!
While the tech certainly helps reduce the glare of reflected light - eg off water - they also have some 'disadvantages' too - eye strain in some circumstances, depth perception issues and issues tracking the ball. The disadvantages can all apply to Golf, while the advantages rarely apply!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wear my Ray-bans, but bought with polarised lenses as I just don’t see the point without

I found Aviators too heavy to golf in.

You can buy on there website. You can personalise the Justin classic with polarised lenses and different frame colours which is like the wayfarer but without the small horned rim.

I too couldn’t wear golf specific frames.
cheers mate. I also own Justin’s but for some reason called them Lukes earlier.