prescription golf glasses

B

birdieman

Need some assistance.

I am looking for a pair of wrap style glasses (not sunglasses) that I can wear to play golf. They need to be able to have prescription lenses and not the ones where you put the RX inserts in, I want one lense only cut to my -2.25 strength prescription.
I want clear, yellow or possibly reactolite lenses in a sports style and big enough and face hugging that I can't see rims when I make a backswing. I am not looking for dark sunglasses.

Before anyone suggests it I am not able to have laser surgery and I don't like wearing contact lenses.

Lots of places are advertising golf glasses but they are either insert ones or dark sunglasses, I live in Scotland not Arizona, the last thing I need are dark glasses. :(

Thanks for your help.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry I can't help but have you spopken to your optician?
I wear glasses all the time and now have rimless specs fitted with reactolite lenses and they work fine for me even north of the border. :cool:

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oakley do prescripton lenses in virtually all their styles and you can get customs colours etc too....you need to go to an Oakley Shop though I think but they do do orders over the phone if you know what you want....

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi Stuart
I have the adidas eyewear adivista L glasses to which you can now have an extra glazed layer (containing your prescription). I cant recomend them highly enough

http://www.adidas.com/Eyewear/hw07/conte...erformancefixed to.

To all internsive purposes they look like a normal pair of glasses. adidas do a very good ornage lens tgat would be spot on for for Scottish conditions (ie lower light!)

The only problem is that I have looked on the adidas retail locator and think your nearest stockist is Tain or Edinburgh

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stuart

I made some enquiries about relensing my Oakley's.

They told me that the lenses to get for golf in the uk were either persimmon orange vr28 g30 or gold iridium.
Still haven't purchased them yet as the replacement lenses were as much as I paid for the original sunglasses

B

birdieman

To all internsive purposes they look like a normal pair of glasses. adidas do a very good ornage lens tgat would be spot on for for Scottish conditions (ie lower light!)

Mike I found a place online doing these - http://www.gosportsspex.co.uk/Adidas_Adivista.asp

Do you know if I wanted to buy a spare coloured orange lens (I would buy clear to start with) will it fit behind the prescription bit which is fixed to the front of the lens or does the spare orange lens need to have another prescription bit fitted?

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Stuart
gosportspex are excellent - I have used them before
Those are the exact pair I have but I have a feeling you will only be able to have one set of lenses with this new insert as the prescription lens is effectively glued to the main lens
I think you'd find the orange suitable all the time. On previous pairs of adi sungalsses (with the old insert) I used the orange lesnes for pretty much everything bar really intense sunlight. On a gloomy day (even in rain) the orange lens really helps to lift light, increase defintion especially on the green and helps you track the ball in flight

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I used these guys when I was looking for a pair of prescription sunglasses for golf ( www.vision3k.com ). They were very helpful and only to happy to discuss my requirements over the phone - ended up buying Adizero`s. Also happy to send out trial pairs to try before buying. Give them a call and ask for Caroline, she`s very friendly and helpful, I`m sure she`ll be able to offer advice on your requirements.

B

birdieman

Thanks for all the help, plumped for a pair of Aussie Dirty Dog Boofers with the clear lens for now. Bit cheaper than Adidas/Oakley etc and in a larger frame size for my fat head, hopefully do the job.

B

birdieman

Update on this, new glssaes arrived today and really pleased. I can see the ball without interference from frames all the way to top of backswing. The wrap allows total peripheral vision which is something I haven't had as a glasses wearer playing golf before.
Highly recommend the supplier - extremeeyewear, excellent job on cutting the prescription correctly right round the wrap.
Hoping it'll help my scores now I can see the ball properly! :D