Pm's

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
When i send a PM it does not show up in Sent messages, so i'm never sure if it's gone or not .Is this the norm or maybe my settings? i've looked but cannot see anything to change
:D

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
andy,

at the bottom of the message template are three check boxes. of these two are relevant;

I want to keep a copy

I want a read receipt

you could check both then delete when you get the receipt

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am with you here,surely it would be better if all messages were saved to inbox instead of fannying around having to remember to tick certain boxes?

I found when I was arranging the England v Scotland game I was losing track of what had been arranged by PM's as at the time I did not know how to get my sent item saved!

Any chance of someone looking at this being changed for the better then all you need to do is simply delete what you don't want to keep??!

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
dodger
I agree it's irritating but that's the default setting and we can't change it I'm afraid. We are due to move to a new forum software at some point so hope that will be addressed then!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
the drawback with automatically saving all sent pm's is that you can soon overload server capacity if old mail isn't deleted. we're always getting problems with this at work. they keep adding server capacity but some people (guilty!) have mail going back to the year dot.