Plymouth Area

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
May be down in Plymouth for 3 weeks at the end of the month with my work.
Won't have time during the week but do hope to grab a game or two at the weekends, any recommendations on where to play as a visitor nearby.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
China Fleet Club is decent. Be careful though as it might be full of members of Her Majesty's senior service, all hacking it around.

Good course though.

St Mellion is another close by. Have not played it personally, though I believe it to be fantastic.

kevingopher

Medal Winner
Visit site
Agree St Mellion is the best club near Plymouth. Seriously tough track tho. Staddon heights is really good, china fleet is ok, good value

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another +1 for St.Mellion if you want something a bit special

The Nicklaus Championship course is a little pricey but worth it imo as it is quite something and an unforgettable experience

The 2nd course (Kernow) is nice enough with some standard holes and some good holes but not in the same league

HTH ⛳👍

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have always enjoyed playing Staddon Heights (take an old SW). Yelverton was recommended to me but I have never player there. Wrangaton is very interesting with two very different 9s one on the moor and one in the woods.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I used to be a member of China Fleet and it's a good course. Yelverton is a very good moorland course. Staddon Heights is worth playing even just for the views. St Mellion is well documented. Whitsand Bay has some interesting holes, take the Torpoint ferry. Thurlestone is very nice, as is Dartmouth & Bigbury are also good coastal courses. Trethorne is a quirky course with some very memorable holes, just off the A38, just remember your climbing boots.