PlayMoreGolf Membership

Par345

Visit site
I kind of see it as buying a load of green fees in advance at a discount...Im hoping its gonna be a bit more than that !

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've signed up for a PMG membership at my club this year as I didn't get the use out of my proper membership last year (think I only played 15 times or so, mostly in evenings) but I wanted to keep my handicap active for opens etc.

I don't think the weekend rounds are particularly great value but I usually try and play in opens then or I'll just pay the members guest rate then and save the points for the midweek/evening rounds.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've signed up for a PMG membership at my club this year as I didn't get the use out of my proper membership last year (think I only played 15 times or so, mostly in evenings) but I wanted to keep my handicap active for opens etc.

I don't think the weekend rounds are particularly great value but I usually try and play in opens then or I'll just pay the members guest rate then and save the points for the midweek/evening rounds.
m

And you don’t feel obligated to chop in the wetter months just because you paid a 7 day membership. That’s the big attraction for me, rapidly going off winter golf.

Par345

Visit site
m

And you don’t feel obligated to chop in the wetter months just because you paid a 7 day membership. That’s the big attraction for me, rapidly going off winter golf.
I need to start thinking about golf like cricket or join somewhere with sandy soil...although I still wouldnt want to play in the rain ! Cold rain !

Par345

Visit site
In the process of cancelling it now I will stick with the conventional model I had the pro saying I could play in comps and a committee member saying not and pushing the 5 day membership...will give it a miss too good to be true.

simo71

Visit site
I am a PMG member. largely just pay evenings or late afternoons to make the most of the points. We can play midweek but not weekend comps, which seems totally fair to me.

Definitely treated like second class by most of the membership at the club. They have a "members facebook group" and I am aware that they regularly bemoan that it's all of the PMG members who dont repair pitchmarks and divots. Given that PMG members represent less than 5% of the total membership, that is some going by "us lot". I foresee it being removed by the club in the near future due to members disdain. Though I suspect the club runs on tight margins and the financial aspect might be needed for the club.

We used to have a lot more clubs on the scheme round us, but a lot of them have gone in the last 18 months, so not as good for "away" courses.

It is good for keeping a handicap though

Par345

Visit site
I am a PMG member. largely just pay evenings or late afternoons to make the most of the points. We can play midweek but not weekend comps, which seems totally fair to me.

Definitely treated like second class by most of the membership at the club. They have a "members facebook group" and I am aware that they regularly bemoan that it's all of the PMG members who dont repair pitchmarks and divots. Given that PMG members represent less than 5% of the total membership, that is some going by "us lot". I foresee it being removed by the club in the near future due to members disdain. Though I suspect the club runs on tight margins and the financial aspect might be needed for the club.

We used to have a lot more clubs on the scheme round us, but a lot of them have gone in the last 18 months, so not as good for "away" courses.

It is good for keeping a handicap though
I got the feeling I had done something naughty by joining like Id gone in by the back door ! Someone needs to regulate the selling of golf club memberships its completely outrageous some of the lies Ive been told to get my money off me. Nobody tends to make big waves...its something that really needs to be discussed and sorted. If I spoke to England Golf nothing would happen I would just be labelled as a trouble maker.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I got the feeling I had done something naughty by joining like Id gone in by the back door ! Someone needs to regulate the selling of golf club memberships its completely outrageous some of the lies Ive been told to get my money off me. Nobody tends to make big waves...its something that really needs to be discussed and sorted. If I spoke to England Golf nothing would happen I would just be labelled as a trouble maker.
Love to hearbwhat loes are being told at your club. At mine directors are open and honest about the financial challenges faced by the club. Financial statements are published each year and we have quarterly forums where members can ask questions of management.
How would you see regulated selling working?