Playing on your own

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If I had to choose between solo golf and comps for the rest of my life, comps would get the boot.

Absolutely love wandering about on a quiet course chilling out and working on my game. Time absolutely gets away from me.

I can easily spent 2 and a half hours playing 6 holes on my own.

Lost in thought, free from thought, whilst looking lost all at the same time. Lol

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
I love a bit of solo golf - I probably play most of my golf on my own. Early mornings or early evenings with the sun on your back and peace and quiet - there's nothing like it.

It's great to have the criac with the lads when on a society do or comp, but for me I love getting out there on my own. It's actually been to my detriment, though, as I am finding it hard to be sociable in the new club I'm in! They look at solo golfers in a very strange way!

Albanach

Head Pro
Visit site
Big fan of solo golf...dropping 3 balls in nasty spots off the green and practicing away. Love the peace and quiet...

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Most of my golf is playing on my own early in the morning at silly o'clock before work.

One of the best experiences I have ever had was playing Cruden Bay on my own. Early morning and I sat out at the far end of the course for around 20 minutes, no-one probably within a mile of me, just appreciating the sun, the sea and the course. And being about +1 gross for 12 holes was nice too.