Playing new courses

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I agree with the issues around cost for top courses that may prohibit playing there a lot.

However, how many times do you walk off a new course and say "if I played it again I would .......... "

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
There's good points to both in my opinion. Each gives a different challenge.

If I'm playing the same course multiple times I can plot a bit of a plan and know which holes to attack, which to play conservatively. Which club to use off the tee to take trouble out of the equation etc and play against previous scores

But if I'm playing a new one obviously it's a brand new challenge and more a test of reading the course

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
There's a bucket list of courses you want to play at least once, but some , maybe not twice ;)
I always wanted to play The Grove after Woods played there in the WGC(?) event. Have played it three times now and been fortunate enough not to have had to pay for any of the rounds but it is one course that left me totally underwhelmed. There others like Hankley Common where we had H4H where I didn't play well but fell in love with the place and just wanted to go round again