Playing golf over winter

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Bit of a generalisation. We are on clay but we invested heavily several years ago to improve drainage to improve 12, 15 and 16 which were problem areas. Yes last winter 15 and 16 were still bad but it was an excessively wet winter. All the other holes were playable throughout. Aside from that other year have been playable all winter
Definitely felt like winter golf today. Some bare muddy lies and greens slowed noticeably. No run off the drives and the rough getting thicker and wetter and harder to get out of. Or maybe it's just that I played poorly
Sounds great.

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
They all say play links golf its always open but that's all well and good until your standing getting beat with over 30mph winds and rain, getting salt in your eyes and barely getting the drive past the womans tee markers.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
They all say play links golf its always open but that's all well and good until your standing getting beat with over 30mph winds and rain, getting salt in your eyes and barely getting the drive past the womans tee markers.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've played Seaford Head a couple of times recently - no rain but crazy winds. It is hilarious when you hit a drive the best you possibly can, and it is ending up 50+ yards less than your average :oops:

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve gone back and joined one of the local links courses this year as I’m fed up with the parkland bog through winter it’s terrible through winter ,I prefer links golf anyway and I’ll put up with wind because the fairways ect are always dry it holds up so much better when the weathers been bad so golf all year round for me .