Plastic or Wooden Tees?

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pink Castle for Driver, broken wooden ones for 3 wood, hybrids and mid/long irons. 8 iron and below, off the deck.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Read an article many years ago about the potential damage plastic ones can do to mowers. Used wooden ever since.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are there not some people here that still use a mound of sand:D

But seriously, I have always used wooden tees. Back in the day when we had proper wooden clubs I was told that wood tees wouldn't damage the face of your persimmon driver whereas plastic ones would.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Statistically pink castles are the best tee for driver but they have a wider dispersion than wooden tees (sometimes they can be up to 3 meters away and are quite difficult to spot)

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Long plastic tees for driver (either pink castle tees or, if I want to tee it higher, a some long white platic tee I found years ago and which has lasted me ever since, so the damage to the mower argument doesn't really apply here ... I don't leave it behind). Wooden tees for everything else, usually. In winter, when we have to hit off mats, and sometimes also on the range I use the AeroSpark plastic tees.

Farmergeddon

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use Lignum tees they have rings around them for consistent height and they dont seem to go far when hit so I dont lose many.. Everyone I have given one to to try has switched..

This what the blurb says :-The Lignum Tee is not comparable to any quality wood or PVC, because of its unique components and manufacturing process. For the Lignum Tee wood and plant materials, natural polymers and glue are used. The elements are cut into micro particles and the micro granules are formed by injection molding machines thereby producing a tee that is more durable yet biodegradable.
[FONT=&quot]At an average stroke, the club head hits the ball with a speed of about 78mph. At contact this speed is reduced by about 13 to 17mph due to friction and resistance. Lignum Tees give more flexibility to increase the ball launch speed up to 20% in comparison with common wooden or PVC tees.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The environmentally friendly tee also does no damage to greenkeepers’ machinery.

[/FONT]
If you believe that you will believe anything but they are good.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use Lignum tees they have rings around them for consistent height and they dont seem to go far when hit so I dont lose many.. Everyone I have given one to to try has switched..

This what the blurb says :-The Lignum Tee is not comparable to any quality wood or PVC, because of its unique components and manufacturing process. For the Lignum Tee wood and plant materials, natural polymers and glue are used. The elements are cut into micro particles and the micro granules are formed by injection molding machines thereby producing a tee that is more durable yet biodegradable.
[FONT="][B]At an average stroke, the club head hits the ball with a speed of about 78mph. At contact this speed is reduced by about 13 to 17mph due to friction and resistance. Lignum Tees give more flexibility to increase the ball launch speed up to 20% in comparison with common wooden or PVC tees.[/B][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000006][FONT=Verdana][FONT="]The environmentally friendly tee also does no damage to greenkeepers’ machinery.

[/FONT]
If you believe that you will believe anything but they are good.

Wow. I need some of these

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was an absolute tee snob and refused to use anything other than wooden white tees until i bit the bullet at the start of the year and gave a pink castle a go and can honestly say that my scores and handicap have improved as a direct result. I guess it could be placebo but i'm not going back now !!!!! Always use wooden bits for anything else. Can't stand folk who copy the Crossfield "manners" style, it just looks disrepectful.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was an absolute tee snob and refused to use anything other than wooden white tees until i bit the bullet at the start of the year and gave a pink castle a go and can honestly say that my scores and handicap have improved as a direct result. I guess it could be placebo but i'm not going back now !!!!! Always use wooden bits for anything else. Can't stand folk who copy the Crossfield "manners" style, it just looks disrepectful.

More or less "disrespectful" than removing a decent toupe sized chunk of turf when you hit the ball?

Wonder why GM don't do a front page cover with a top 100 coach on improving your driving by using pink castle tee Shot??

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Hmmm, looks like I'm the only one to use the longer Orange castle tees.
I used to use the pink ones for driving all the time, but found I get a slightly better/straighter drive using these. The added bonus is that they're easier to find. :)

For everything else I use broken wooden tees.