Plantar Fasciitis - Adizero's

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone else suffer from this?

I have had pretty bad heel pain for a good few months now and i am pretty confident it has been caused by my Adizero tour shoes.

My wife's a Physio and has diagnosed the issue as plantar fasciitis, which is a real blow, as it can be with a sufferer for a long time.

Shame really as the Adizero's are super comfy. It just would seem they are not supportive enough. Gutted:confused: Must add that i have played golf for nearly 12 years and worn a dozen different types / make / model of shoes and never had any issues

So.....

Does anyone else suffer from this and what have you done to alleviate the symptoms and does anyone recommend a type of shoe that has really good arch and heel support?

I know Eccos have a very good reputation, but was interested if any thing else could help?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now I've looked this up, I think I suffer too.
Only started this summer when I've been wearing the adidas cross flex shoes :confused:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now I've looked this up, I think I suffer too.
Only started this summer when I've been wearing the adidas cross flex shoes :confused:

Whats the pain like pal?

I am generally ok during a round, however my entire left heel / sole seizes up overnight and i hobble round the bedroom like a drunk old tramp the next morning

Bloody agony for the first few steps if i'm being honest

OMAAbound

Hacker
Visit site
I had a similar problem with some aditours a few years back, I think the Adidas range are to firm under foot, I tried this years football boot look on and wasn't impressed. I've got myself a few pairs of the Nike TWs, a very good pair of shoes even with the £150 price tag.

Having had 2 knee operations and ankle surgery I need all the support I can get and the TWs are perfect, highly recommendable

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whats the pain like pal?

I am generally ok during a round, however my entire left heel / sole seizes up overnight and i hobble round the bedroom like a drunk old tramp the next morning

Bloody agony for the first few steps if i'm being honest

Pretty much that.
Might wear my Nike lunar controls this weekend and see what happens.

matt611

Head Pro
Visit site
My mother had this, got worse and worse until she went to the doctor who diagnosed it. All that can be done is to really dose up on ibuprofen I believe

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
My left foot gets really bad when I've been sitting on my ass all day when at work, tends to ease a bit when I start walking, and after a round of golf in the Puma's I worn, flipping agony.

But now I've got my DNA's comfy walking, no pain afterwards, so all good.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got this after my first round with a pair of nike spikeless, still got it 3 months later, arch supports and a foot roller and ibuprofen help,and if a bit chubby loose a bit of weight.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
My mother had this, got worse and worse until she went to the doctor who diagnosed it. All that can be done is to really dose up on ibuprofen I believe

You can get a steroid injection into your heel but seemingly it is one of the most painful things going. :mad:

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
asked my mate if he'd had it. He said

"Yep, nearly as bad as gout!

First thing is that a doctor prescribe a cream to rub in. Can’t remember what it was.

You can also buy arch supports to put inside shoes which saves buying new shoes.

Having said that, since using the Ecco Biom shoes, I’ve had no repeat."

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had this problem a few years ago , ok on the course but once i sat down and got up it was painful as it was when i got up in the morning , I got Ecco golf shoes and they help , you need the right shoes and if that dont work then its injections , i never got that far as the right shoes cured the problem

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I get this, foot locks up when I stop moving and I hobble round for at least 5 minutes before I can really get going

I wear Puma Faas grip jobbies and they have an ortholite insole which is very good

But generally any soft cushioned shoe is good, day to day I wear under armour or skechers (brilliant shoes and they do golf shoes)

I shy away from my adipures as they tend to cause me more trouble

I always find if you roll up a towel lengthways and pop it under the ball of your foot, then stretch your foot back (ie pull on the towel ) is stretches your foot out and provides some relief

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
just as with most of this stuff the issues are around what works for you and your body.

I'm 11 months into treatment to repair the damage caused by Ecco Street Golf shoes to me (acute Achilles tendinitis) - but it's not the shoes fault per-see.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
My mate suffered from it for about 18 months but is almost gone now , after getting stretching exercises from a physio and special insoles fitted.
He said shoes didn't cause it as he wears all different makes, he gets gifted from his 2 sons who are pros.

Last edited:

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You can get a steroid injection into your heel but seemingly it is one of the most painful things going. :mad:

You are right.It is very painful.
But for me!it worked.One exercise I found helpful was to stand on a step with just your toes on the flat and let your weight take your heels down ,stretching your calves.
Dewsweeper

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are right.It is very painful.
But for me!it worked.One exercise I found helpful was to stand on a step with just your toes on the flat and let your weight take your heels down ,stretching your calves.
Dewsweeper

Another exercise you can do, that the |Doc gave to wor lass is; Get the belt from a dressing gown or something similar and put around you afflicted foot holding the ends of the belt you straighten your leg and pull on the belt pulling you foot toward you.

Same effect as doing the calf stretch on the stairs, except you can do this one sitting down watching the tele.