pitting and corrosion in a set of 2019 irons.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Also that's the heads chapping not the shafts, tour pro's clubs are carried thus way and have been for decades,? are they damaging their clubs ?

Tour pros probably get a brand new set a soon as they show any signs of wear. Mickelson bought several sets of Rifle satin shafts to ensure his clubs always had the same type of shaft in.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Tour pros probably get a brand new set a soon as they show any signs of wear. Mickelson bought several sets of Rifle satin shafts to ensure his clubs always had the same type of shaft in.
Can assure you they dont and their clubhead will wear out long before the shafts, what about stenson his irons are ancient, stricker uses irons from 2006, they dont replace them for any other reason than they dont like them or the heads on some of the irons are worn out. You cannot damage a golf club by carrying it, you get a little head chap but that is not damage

bradleywedge

Visit site
aac1f9bdcc2fec8971ea77d0fa98179e08450f7b.jpg

bradleywedge

Visit site
Don't know if you can make out the pitting in these images, it's mainly scratches to be fair, I'm not sure wether it's corrosion or not.

clubchamp98 - the heads are in perfect condition, in fact when I received them they looked brand new, hardly any marks on the face or heads. Unfortunately didn't inspect the shafts closely enough, at first glance they looked pristine, it was only the other day when I caught it in the light I spotted it. They are True Temper R300 shafts.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Fire an email away to Titleist, you never know your luck.

Someone put a huge diddy mark on a Cobra driver and got it replaced. What's to lose other than your brass neck.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't know if you can make out the pitting in these images, it's mainly scratches to be fair, I'm not sure wether it's corrosion or not.

clubchamp98 - the heads are in perfect condition, in fact when I received them they looked brand new, hardly any marks on the face or heads. Unfortunately didn't inspect the shafts closely enough, at first glance they looked pristine, it was only the other day when I caught it in the light I spotted it. They are True Temper R300 shafts.
Ok I would say it’s a manufacturing fault.
The shafts May have not been cleaned properly before chrome process.
But it’s only a guess.

bradleywedge

Visit site
Bit of false info on the original post. The clubs were actually bought new in July 2019, so when I bought them they were only 4 months old. Anyway they have gone back to the retailer and they have returned the whole set back to Titleist for inspection.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome.