Pitclochry Meeting 23/06/13

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Further to Mikes post and further complaints can this thread no be left to the people who are actually attending please.

Thank you.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right then chaps, Five&One is now not attending, this means that we have an odd amount of folk and my betterball matchplay format will not work. I now propose a friendly Stableford round instead, shall we use full handicap now? If you want I will play off scratch? What say you gents?

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Poor show. Interesting that there was a other thread from a guy in Fife who wanted a game with higher handicappers only due to what he'd read on here about certain members attitudes towards them/us. Seems bullying is perfectly acceptable on here.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I originally pulled out of this due to work commitments and a deadline being brought forward. I may be able to take up the slack again, but I won't know until tomorrow if that would be the case and even if I can, I'd need to cadge a lift from someone heading up from West Lothian/Edinburgh.

Deke, give me some time until tomorrow, say till lunchtime and I'll see what I can do to.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I originally pulled out of this due to work commitments and a deadline being brought forward. I may be able to take up the slack again, but I won't know until tomorrow if that would be the case and even if I can, I'd need to cadge a lift from someone heading up from West Lothian/Edinburgh.

Deke, give me some time until tomorrow, say till lunchtime and I'll see what I can do to.

Mate, I am so sorry, Five&One has changed his mind after some persuasion from me! No spaces left now alas!

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site

Apologies mate. Persuaded that pulling out let's the clown win. Not good for me. Not good for the meet. Not good for the forum generally, so I am back in again.

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
Glad you have stuck in five&one.

My mate James plays off 17 and I'm off 24 (Oh the shame!!!) :eek:

Just as a side note I was playing with a young guy a few weeks ago who was off two (top bloke by the way) and we were talking about the fear some high handicappers have of playing with low handicapped players. This guys point was 5 years ago he started playing golf and he was given the handicap of 28 he's now off 2. Now obviously this guy has a bit of a natural talent and not everyone will drop as quickly but it reiterated the point that you have to start somewhere. So you never know five&one one day you might be giving Bomber a few shots if your putters were to cross paths.

I still say we put a fiver in each. £30 to the scratch winner and £30 to the handicap winner. Doesnt seem that everyone is keen on handing £60 to Patricks mate.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Just as a side note I was playing with a young guy a few weeks ago who was off two (top bloke by the way) and we were talking about the fear some high handicappers have of playing with low handicapped players. This guys point was 5 years ago he started playing golf and he was given the handicap of 28 he's now off 2. Now obviously this guy has a bit of a natural talent and not everyone will drop as quickly but it reiterated the point that you have to start somewhere. So you never know five&one one day you might be giving Bomber a few shots if your putters were to cross paths.

I still say we put a fiver in each. £30 to the scratch winner and £30 to the handicap winner. Doesnt seem that everyone is keen on handing £60 to Patricks mate.

Well said, i see no issue with putting a £5 in it helps to play for something.

And all of you will be relieved to hear i played with Dave last night and he was terrible... shanked, fatted thinned and a couple of mooosive slices. his excuse was he had not touched a golf club in two weeks and won't be touching one again till Sunday.

Place your bets;)

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well said, i see no issue with putting a £5 in it helps to play for something.

And all of you will be relieved to hear i played with Dave last night and he was terrible... shanked, fatted thinned and a couple of mooosive slices. his excuse was he had not touched a golf club in two weeks and won't be touching one again till Sunday.

Place your bets;)

How large is your nose after typing that? :D I take it you wont mind playing against Dave in your match then? We need to pair the lower handicap players with the higher ones.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
How large is your nose after typing that? :D I take it you wont mind playing against Dave in your match then? We need to pair the lower handicap players with the higher ones.

Here’s an analogy for you.

You’ve just got yourself a fit new girlfriend, she’s hot! You take her to the pub and there’s a load of guys there you know.

Would you let them all spend the night with her?;)

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site

No problem playing golf with anyone low or high at this end. As long as they don't judge me based on taking 20-30 more shots per round than they do I am happy to play with anyone. I am even happy to give them money if they beat me...........lol

Giving Bomber a few shots sounds like a great idea though.:clap:

Last edited:

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Here’s an analogy for you.

You’ve just got yourself a fit new girlfriend, she’s hot! You take her to the pub and there’s a load of guys there you know.

Would you let them all spend the night with her?;)

Its a friendly knock Patrick, if you insist on teaming up with your +2 pal there is not a chance in hell I will be doing any kind of prize or sweep. The whole point of mixing high and low handicap players is that all the matches will be fair and no single team with have much of an advantage. Do the sporting thing and play AGAINST Dave mate, it will be much more fun that way.:thup:

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Deke. Play off 18 if you think that's your level yes it's ment to be a friendly knock about but the whole idea of golf handicap is to get a level playing field for everyone so why should you play off scratch .

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site
Deke. Play off 18 if you think that's your level yes it's ment to be a friendly knock about but the whole idea of golf handicap is to get a level playing field for everyone so why should you play off scratch .

I agree. And if everyone else plays with their proper handicap Patrick and Dave can play together And low and high handicappers dont neccesarily need to be paired. and we can have sweeps that everyone has at least a CONGU chance of winning. Several problems solved, although I am more than happy to go with what Deke has organised.

Last edited: