Pitclochry Meeting 23/06/13

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Looking forward to this trip guys. My mate is definetly in for this as well.

Just a few thoughts though. Given that its a free round I'm more than happy to throw some money into a sweep but given that the scope of handicaps might be varied is it worth while having a scratch sweep alongside a handicap sweep. if everyone puts in a fiver there will be £60 in the pot that could be split across the two sweeps it would at least give the high handicappers a chance to bag some cash.

Five&one - If you are riding solo you can jump in with me an my mate at Dunfermline if you wish? We will be playing then having a bite in the clubhouse so should have you home by 17:00.

Is it too late for 3 balls :mmm:

Four balls just give you more options.

each 4 ball can play against each other better ball and we can still do ind scores and team scores so prizes a plenty.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4 balls indeed suit the betterball matchplay format. I will call Pitlochry and tell them to give up our final tee time. As for sweeps or prizes I am not really that bothered having no official handicap, feel free to sort out something yourselves!

Are you all happy with the format? It should be a laugh!

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can all players please give me a handicap to help work out the pairs please? I will try and make each pair have roughly the same combined handicap to make the matchplay fairer. Many thanks chaps!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeh somewhere along the line it seems to have got missed, I am sure it was agreed that this would be a scratch match.

Deke, can you confirm...............

Pretty sure Deke said this was to sort the groups into reasonable matches for bare feet. No point having a 27 against a 6 off bare feet... #oneoutcome

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My mate Dave is a bit shy so he would prefer to be my partner, if thats Ok?

our handicaps are me off 7 and he's +2.

are we still all putting a £5 in for prize money?

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My mate Dave is a bit shy so he would prefer to be my partner, if thats Ok?

our handicaps are me off 7 and he's +2.

are we still all putting a £5 in for prize money?

Patrick Old Boy, you just played your Trump card there one thinks.

Now I know I am not going to this meet but given that it's getting played of scratch I am willing to put £10.00 on Dave (Patricks mate) if anyone wants a wee side bet.

Mind you still a few days before this meet so still time for you to all hit the range and get a swing sorted.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Patrick Old Boy, you just played your Trump card there one thinks.

Now I know I am not going to this meet but given that it's getting played of scratch I am willing to put £10.00 on Dave (Patricks mate) if anyone wants a wee side bet.

Mind you still a few days before this meet so still time for you to all hit the range and get a swing sorted.

A +2 player amongst 7 upward off bare feet. Willy Hills wouldnt even give you odds on that Sam.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty sure Deke said this was to sort the groups into reasonable matches for bare feet. No point having a 27 against a 6 off bare feet... #oneoutcome

Spot on Greig, glad to see some of you can read! :D Patrick there is absolutely no chance of any betting involving you and your +2 pal!
Unless you man up and play in different teams! Some folk don't seem to get the whole "friendly knock" vibe??? :confused:

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Spot on Greig, glad to see some of you can read! :D Patrick there is absolutely no chance of any betting involving you and your +2 pal!
Unless you man up and play in different teams! Some folk don't seem to get the whole "friendly knock" vibe??? :confused:

Deke,

You just never know, there are loads of 20+ handicap golfers (Weekend Warriors) on this forum who can hit 300+ yard drives and knock a wedge at least 150 yards. Who knows maybe someone will have a good day and take the spoils, my money is still on Dave and I would be prepared to offer some odds if anyone fancies a wager.

Anyway I hope the forecast is wrong and you get it dry but most of all you have a great day:thup: