Pitclochry Meeting 23/06/13

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Patrick out 1st his mate out last... that way he's not waiting about for you... problem solved :p

all well and good but that won't get us back up the road any sooner will it!

are we still having a wager on this meet? if we have 4 balls we can playey betterball betwwen pairs and team stableford?

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok, how are these for groups? Group 1:Me,Five&one,DelB,NeilBro. Group 2:Greig,Greig's Mate,Patrick,Patrick's mate. Group 3:Grumps,Smokey,Jungle,Jungle's mate. All good lads? Have I missed anything/anybody out? I still don't have an official handicap so will be playing off 18 on the day, I hope this is ok with you all? Del and Greig played with me at another meet and they can attest that I need every one of those shots! For the same reason I will not be part of any wagers of comps to avoid accusations of banditry, but feel free to sort something out between yourselves! Any questions?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ok, how are these for groups? Group 1:Me,Five&one,DelB,NeilBro. Group 2:Greig,Greig's Mate,Patrick,Patrick's mate. Group 3:Grumps,Smokey,Jungle,Jungle's mate. All good lads? Have I missed anything/anybody out? I still don't have an official handicap so will be playing off 18 on the day, I hope this is ok with you all? Del and Greig played with me at another meet and they can attest that I need every one of those shots! For the same reason I will not be part of any wagers of comps to avoid accusations of banditry, but feel free to sort something out between yourselves! Any questions?
No No no, if you don't have a handicap that means you play off scratch, simples.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No No no, if you don't have a handicap that means you play off scratch, simples.

Everybody at the previous meet was fine with 3/4 of 18? I will play off scratch if that is what the rest of you decide? Does it really make that much of a difference when it's for a friendly knock?

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In fact I really don't mind playing off nada, it's a fun day out for free after all! Maybe as a gesture of solidarity you should all join me and play off scratch too my good fellows? :D It will be nice to see the new range and teaching facilities they are opening on the day and I think they are offering free lessons too? I might end up staying for a while! Me and my good wife were planning to go for a meal after if any of you fancy it?

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In fact I really don't mind playing off nada, it's a fun day out for free after all! Maybe as a gesture of solidarity you should all join me and play off scratch too my good fellows? :D It will be nice to see the new range and teaching facilities they are opening on the day and I think they are offering free lessons too? I might end up staying for a while! Me and my good wife were planning to go for a meal after if any of you fancy it?

Good shout Deke:thup:

Lets see what the others say about playing of a big fat Zero, Patrick I think will be up for it.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cheers Bomber! Nice one Patrick! Even though a few of you going are higher handicap players are you up for playing of scratch for a day? Your comments please good meet muckers?

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have a strange feeling he will too! :D

Well as the saying goes Deke, it's your ball so you make the rules. I am sure all the guys will be up for this given that it's not costing them nowt.

Have a great day and remember to post the scores:thup:

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well as the saying goes Deke, it's your ball so you make the rules. I am sure all the guys will be up for this given that it's not costing them nowt.

Have a great day and remember to post the scores:thup:

I sure will bud, hopefully Tiger will be up for some pics and a write up if we are are lucky!

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I sure will bud, hopefully Tiger will be up for some pics and a write up if we are are lucky!

I deffo like your way of thinking, will be a good day out no matter what way you decided to go but like I have said if you have offered to play off scratch I am sure the rest will follow your lead, be very surprised if anybody say no......

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I deffo like your way of thinking, will be a good day out no matter what way you decided to go but like I have said if you have offered to play off scratch I am sure the rest will follow your lead, be very surprised if anybody say no......

We shall see! What say you laddies? I am off out now for a much needed round and practice session and I will be back in the evening, I hope you are all up for this? Cheers! :D

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm happy aff bare feet.

Deke, in the interests of time being a factor would Patrick & his mate not be best off in the first group. Me and my mate are happy to play in any group/time.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm happy aff bare feet.

Deke, in the interests of time being a factor would Patrick & his mate not be best off in the first group. Me and my mate are happy to play in any group/time.

Just a thought.

Aha, those were just the groups in no particular order mate, more than happy to let Patrick out first!

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site
Happy to play off scratch for a free knock. Obviously wont be entering score based sweeps on that basis as I play off 26 but happy to go with the flow and learn a bit off the low boys.

By the way. I have hired a buggy which anyone in my group would be welcome to hitch a free ride on. First come first served obviously.

Deke. I notice you have 3 x 4 balls but we have 4 tee times. They might appreciate having the unused tee time back for someone else to use. Pretty sure it will be busy since its free.

Anyone need a lift ? I am leaving Edinburgh at 7.15 am Must be back by 5pm. Got space for one if needed and don't mind a small detour.

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to this trip guys. My mate is definetly in for this as well.

Just a few thoughts though. Given that its a free round I'm more than happy to throw some money into a sweep but given that the scope of handicaps might be varied is it worth while having a scratch sweep alongside a handicap sweep. if everyone puts in a fiver there will be £60 in the pot that could be split across the two sweeps it would at least give the high handicappers a chance to bag some cash.

Five&one - If you are riding solo you can jump in with me an my mate at Dunfermline if you wish? We will be playing then having a bite in the clubhouse so should have you home by 17:00.

Is it too late for 3 balls :mmm: