Pitclochry Meeting 23/06/13

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Deke. Play off 18 if you think that's your level yes it's ment to be a friendly knock about but the whole idea of golf handicap is to get a level playing field for everyone so why should you play off scratch .

Thanks mate I appreciate that! I think I may have slightly confused things in my effort to offer something different! The format is a four ball better ball, ignore my matchplay nonsense! I feel my scratch idea might be a bit daft, what do you fine fellows think? If you are cool with me using 18 strokes I appreciate that! :D

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks mate I appreciate that! I think I may have slightly confused things in my effort to offer something different! The format is a four ball better ball, ignore my matchplay nonsense! I feel my scratch idea might be a bit daft, what do you fine fellows think? If you are cool with me using 18 strokes I appreciate that! :D

Well you've played at 2 other meets and never ran away with scores so guess your either honest or hustling for the whole pot :whistle:

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site

Can you bring your last 3 cards with you mate ? :swing:

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Away with you naysayers! :D Are you all good with NOT playing off scratch then? Sorry for changing last minute, but I think it's for the best?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Away with you naysayers! :D Are you all good with NOT playing off scratch then? Sorry for changing last minute, but I think it's for the best?

Deke, as was pointed out before; this is your ball game, you are the host so it's your rules. If someone doesn't like those rules... tough, we are all adults.
I am happy to play what ever format you choose and happy to contribute my fiver for whatever prizes are decided. It's a free day's golf otherwise.
I'll be there around the 0830-0845 mark I would think.

Looking at the forecast I would recommend carrying some waterproofs in the bag just in case.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A massive thank you to all of you! Despite playing like an utter lemon I had a great time, and it was nice to meet you all. I hope you like your new putter Greig! Congrats to Neil and Colin for the best score of the day. If anybody ever fancies a knock at my course Alyth feel free to drop me a PM. Cheers lads! :thup:

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
Was a thoroughly enjoyable round of golf today.

A few triples on the card but a good haul of par's and back to back birdies left me chuffed with my round.

So how were all the scores looking?

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great round with Brian , jimmy and Stevie many laughs despite the rain I ended up with a net 73 (off the whites) so 4 over par for 1st time on course was pretty good . Would recommend the course to everyone . Thanks deke and will give you a pm about a round soon

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site
Just back. Pretty good track up there. Built for accuracy rather than distance with tight fairways and small landing areas. Beautifully picturesque, well maintained and it has to be said, brilliant staff, clubhouse and food.Mixed bag of weather and scoring but some lovey chaps to play with and all in all a pretty damn good day out. Will do a full meet review sometime this week once I see the pics. If the other two groups can let me know which pairings won I'll be happy to record the fact in the review.

Cheers to Deke for the original idea.

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just back. Pretty good track up there. Built for accuracy rather than distance with tight fairways and small landing areas. Beautifully picturesque, well maintained and it has to be said, brilliant staff, clubhouse and food.Mixed bag of weather and scoring but some lovey chaps to play with and all in all a pretty damn good day out. Will do a full meet review sometime this week once I see the pics. If the other two groups can let me know which pairings won I'll be happy to record the fact in the review.

Cheers to Deke for the original idea.

We were playing individually I think but the sombrero (Brian/jungle) won with a 71. I was a 73. jimmy was 75 (I think). and Steve well he was knackered after coming straight off a nightshift had more n/r's than scores so we let him come 4th instead of last :rofl:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good wander round what is a picturesque course with Patrick, Dave & James. Don't think anyone in our group will put their hands up to playing well.
I will buck the trend here though and say I didnt think the course was that great. Greens were some of the worst I have played this year and only found 14 and 16 to be quite decent.
Kudos to Deke for organising it though, as an away day with some banter it was good.

Deke, putter is great, will give it a run out on some smooth greens tomorrow :D

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad you all had a great time! I will try to sort out a meet at Alyth sometime in the next few months, anybody fancy it? :thup:

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site
Good wander round what is a picturesque course with Patrick, Dave & James. Don't think anyone in our group will put their hands up to playing well.
I will buck the trend here though and say I didnt think the course was that great. Greens were some of the worst I have played this year and only found 14 and 16 to be quite decent.
Kudos to Deke for organising it though, as an away day with some banter it was good.

Deke, putter is great, will give it a run out on some smooth greens tomorrow :D

Agree on the greens but to be fair the course had an absolute soaking the night before and the greens couldn't be cut or rolled this morning which left them sodden, bumpy and slow.