Ping Pioneer golf bag

Mandofred

Visit site
Anybody have one of these? I'm fed up with my current Ben Ross bag.....ripping the crap out of my shafts. My last Titleist bag did the same. I'd have to line the inside of each slot with carpet or something to stop the rubbing. I've put tape on the shafts.....tape lost the fight. The Ping seemed to have no rivets showing on the slots.

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I had a Pioneer bag a while ago, great bag but you still get some spots on the shafts from bag rub. To be honest it seems to happen with all bags.
I now put a small length of insulating tape on my graphite shafts to stop this from happening.

M.Harmon

Visit site
I got a Pioneer two weeks ago and used it for four games so far. It is a nice bag with lots of pockets but the negative for me is the bottom and top are squared off so does not sit properly in my Powacaddy CT6. To get around this I stick a piece of foam to fill the gap and make the top rounder so it sits central. I guess they designed it to sit in a buggy which is stupid since most people in the UK would use a trolley of some sort.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a Pioneer, but I got a Ping Traverse about 3 years ago. Best bag I've owned. No problems on an electric trolley or a buggy. Wouldn't dream of carrying it.

Mandofred

Visit site
I guess what I should have asked as well......are there any bags that don't weigh a ton or cost a million £ that won't tear my clubs to bits?

M.Harmon

Visit site
I had a Mizuno tour cart bag that had a nice velour (clothe) top like a tour bag and that did not cause any damage to my graphite shafts. Maybe look for bags that have that material as it is soft. The Pioneer is polyester I think so is harsher by comparison.

Mandofred

Visit site
Steel shafts.
That might solve the irons issue (recoil...slight marking on them), but I sure don't want to go back to steel shafted woods/hybrids
ElementarySnivelingHanumanmonkey-small.gif