Ping irons -current lead times?

D

Deleted member 3432

Placed an order with my pro last week for a Srixon 2 iron. Phone call today to say that it has arrived.

When I ordered it the 18 degree heads were supposedly out of stock and the grip was potentially an issue.

Ordered it with a view to having it arrive for next season....?

evemccc

Visit site
According to my local Ping stockist Ping are really struggling.
Unless you want Blueprint or i59 irons you're stuffed until the New Year
They're running low on fairways and hybrid heads too
Drivers are OK at the moment but will probably run out before the next batch can be made.
They've, effectively, got very little to sell.

Disappointing, as i've had my eye on the G425 Driver and have a fitting booked in soon (been waiting for improvements / lessons for driver-swing improvements to kick-in, before the fitting - and purchase). I've a couple of 'treat' courses booked in for the autumn and was hoping to have the fitted driver, which will naturally and obviously turn my into a scratch golfer, before visiting these courses

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Disappointing, as i've had my eye on the G425 Driver and have a fitting booked in soon (been waiting for improvements / lessons for driver-swing improvements to kick-in, before the fitting - and purchase). I've a couple of 'treat' courses booked in for the autumn and was hoping to have the fitted driver, which will naturally and obviously turn my into a scratch golfer, before visiting these courses

I'm expecting you to score all the points! :)

sowens81

Visit site
order a ping G425 max driver first week of August turned up today (27th September) at american golf for collection.

I order my Ping G425 Iron set from local Pro shop back at the end of June. Was originally quoted 6 week lead time, then beginning of September, then mid October, now its the beginning of December.....and waiting.

eeluk

Visit site
order a ping G425 max driver first week of August turned up today (27th September) at american golf for collection.

I order my Ping G425 Iron set from local Pro shop back at the end of June. Was originally quoted 6 week lead time, then beginning of September, then mid October, now its the beginning of December.....and waiting.
I got wood, driver, and hybrid customs in 2-3 weeks. The irons were originally supposed to arrive mid october. All were ordered in early august.
Your post has me worried!

mg444444

Visit site
Has anyone had any updates? G425 irons ordered mid Aug now saying mid Jan. Got the pro to call up yesterday and check they were still on track and they said they were.

Gazzad85

Visit site
Has anyone had any updates? G425 irons ordered mid Aug now saying mid Jan. Got the pro to call up yesterday and check they were still on track and they said they were.
Any joy with your irons? I ordered my g425 irons la couple of weeks back and I’m quite concerned. I was told end of February and I’m hoping they’ll be here sooner. Not very optimistic looking at some of these comments ?

mg444444

Visit site
Still on track for Jan but they were ordered in Aug…fingers crossed. Websites currently showing custom G425 jobs due Feb’22.

RichA

Visit site
I ordered a G425 4-iron at the beginning of October. Ping updated Snainton that it would leave the factory on 18th January.
Just had an email from Snainton that it's arrived with them and will be with me on Monday.
Hopefully, similarly good news awaits you guys waiting for full sets.

mg444444

Visit site
I would like to think an independent golf pro shop (where i placed my order) and a bigger company (relatively) like Snainton would be treated the same by PING.
Having said that if i was waiting on just one iron i might hope to skip the queue on those waiting on full sets. Depends aswell on the components-perhaps you shaft or grip are available whereas mine not so. I’l probably only play one more time
Between now and Jan so i’m not going to worry too much-just periodically have the pro check the Jan date is still on track.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Ordered Sept and told 25th Jan for set of G425 irons 5-PW+SW, was told last week they're still on track. Fingers crossed. Debating whether or not to add a UW to the order (or order separately) so will keep an eye on this thread.

White dot, 1 inch longer, standard AWT shaft and standard grips

mg444444

Visit site
Imagine an addition will constitute a new order all together as i enquired about whether having or not having ARCCOS would make it ship-any quicker. Answer: no, and even if it did amending the order would make it go back to the end of the queue.’
I may have just been getting fobbed off so worth a shot at your end!