Ping irons -current lead times?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I was told I would have an update by 2 June regarding my driver, but I'm still waiting to hear back from where I ordered it from. I've been told I'll get an update today... If not, I think I'll just cancel it.

wjemather

Visit site
i210 ordered in mid-April, was told 2-3 weeks for delivery, then early June, then late June - delays were initially blamed on clubhead availability, now they're saying it's the shaft (PX LZ 6.0). A few weeks delay is understandable, but four and half months is a bit much.

edit: I omitted that their latest estimate for delivery is mid-late August!!

Last edited:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
i210 ordered in mid-April, was told 2-3 weeks for delivery, then early June, then late June - delays were initially blamed on clubhead availability, now they're saying it's the shaft (PX LZ 6.0). A few weeks delay is understandable, but four and half months is a bit much.
I cancelled mine on page 3 of this thread, as I said then I have no patience, plus I'm onto my second set of irons since cancelling them and am currently considering going for set number 3.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
My real issue is that I thought I would be playing with my new clubs this Summer, but the 3-wood seems like it will be August if not later, and my driver that should now be here, has gone awol.

I would love to play through Winter, but my local course is a bog by December. So I'm starting to feel like by the time I get my clubs, my season will nearly be over, and so I might as well just wait until next year for them? I'm also not waiting on any custom alterations - I'm standard in every way :)

I guess if you're a company of any kind, turning down orders for whatever you sell is crazy... But if you know you can't fulfil those orders in a reasonably timely manner, maybe you shouldn't take new sales and just focus on completing the delayed ones?

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
AG came back to me this morning after I had a go yesterday.
They are also saying it's the shafts that are the problem.
Ping Alta CB 65 Slate

LegendOle

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just had a call to say my irons were delivered yesterday. A week ahead of the quoted time.

Hoping to sneak away from wife and kids this afternoon to go pick them up!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I should be getting my i210s any day now - ordered 8th April (IIRC). Pro tells me that if I were to order them today Ping would be saying they could not be delivering until mid-September. All manufacturers in same boat - supply exceeding demand and serious problems in manufacturing chains and shipping. As previously noted shafts the big issue. Apparently some of the bigger retailers may have grabbed much of what limited is available - almost completely strangling supply to the wider retail community.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
My latest update is that the driver will be shipped on the 24th... If I don't have it by the 30th, then I'll be taking a refund.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I should be getting my i210s any day now - ordered 8th April (IIRC). Pro tells me that if I were to order them today Ping would be saying they could not be delivering until mid-September. All manufacturers in same boat - supply exceeding demand and serious problems in manufacturing chains and shipping. As previously noted shafts the big issue. Apparently some of the bigger retailers may have grabbed much of what limited is available - almost completely strangling supply to the wider retail community.
Ah well - so much for them being in by about 18th June. Checked with my pro today and it’s slipped and likely to be 2nd week July...earliest. All club manufacturers in the same boat so no point in cancelling. It’s the shafts.

Last edited:

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I ordered two custom fit hybrids in May and they took 4 weeks to arrive. That was exactly what I was quoted when I ordered them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I ordered two custom fit hybrids in May and they took 4 weeks to arrive. That was exactly what I was quoted when I ordered them.
Graphite shafts? I got my new custom fit driver, 4h and 5f in about 4 weeks, they have graphite shafts, it’s the steel shafts that are the problem by the sounds of it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Is it the Ping steel shafts that are the delay? Mine are custom fit with KBS steels and MCA graphites and was quoted 20-30 days - clock still ticking.
Not Ping steel shafts as such, but in my case the TT Elevate 95 steel shafts that are spec’d for my i210s. But the issue might span all steel shafts - that I don‘t know. Graphite shafts don’t appear to be so delayed.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Not Ping steel shafts as such, but in my case the TT Elevate 95 steel shafts that are spec’d for my i210s. But the issue might span all steel shafts - that I don‘t know. Graphite shafts don’t appear to be so delayed.

Steel shafts are a problem. But so is steel anything at the minute. Availability and the price of steel is a concern in just above every industry.